[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Nervous about next week's appt with rheumatologist! :(

Nervous about next week's appt with rheumatologist! :(

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nervous about next week's appt with rheumatologist! :(

Postby Happy1985 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello!

I'm new to this forum but thought I would write a post voicing my concerns as people seem very kind and helpful here!

After 4 years of lots of symptoms like IBS, Costochondritis + 1 year of pain, my GP has referred me to a rheumatologist as he suspects Fibromyalgia. The pain started as mild last year and has since become more and more disruptive/upsetting.

I'm scared about walking out of the appt with no answers, of facing long term pain without knowing why :(

I've put together a list of all the symptoms so that I don't forget, I can picture my mind going blank! Also a bit scared that if they test my trigger points, of what kind of force they'll use?

Has anyone walked out without any answers? Any feedback/reassurance would be much appreciated, thank you :)
Happy1985
UKFM Newbie

Re: Nervous about next week's appt with rheumatologist! :(

Postby Genevieve489 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 pm

I second what Lisa has said, it all sounds very much like my own appointment a few weeks ago. Have you also written down a brief medical history? I made a list which included being diagnosed with IBS, reflux and hip bursitis in the past two years.

When all the examinations etc. had been done, I said that one of the reasons my GP had referred me was because he thought I may have fibro and I asked if she agreed with that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking. She said that I had signs of fibromyalgia, but she also wanted to see the blood test results. She also referred me to physiotherapy.

I also made sure that I asked to be copied into correspondence to my GP and, when the copy letter came, the blood tests were clear and it stated that her diagnosis was: osteoarthritis and secondary fibromyalgia. I felt pleased that I'd finally got answers for the way I had been feeling.

I hope all goes well for you and do let us know how you get on.
Genevieve489
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:43 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Happy1985 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Thank you so much for your replies :-D I hadn't thought about asking them directly in terms of a diagnosis and being copied into the correspondence would be a great idea! Like a lot of people I've been waiting a long time for this appointment. I was being really patient about it but this week feels like it's taking forever :crazy: thanks again for the advice, I really appreciate it!
Happy1985
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services