Another Locum

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another Locum

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:06 pm

My GP is still of sick, he must be really bad as it has been about 5/6 weeks now.
I don't like seeing a locum as they don't know you plus they don't look up to see what treatments you have been on.

Saw a GP last week who told me that my blood tests showed that my inflammatory markers were high but that was due to the fibro......We all know that fibro does not cause inflammatory.

Told the receptionist that i did not want to see him again, the one today will be different.. yay.

I have a list of all the problems i have, think she will take one look at me and think hypochondriac. :dunno: :oops:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Another Locum

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:48 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Shaz... hope all goes well ((xx))

I've seen a couple of good locums.. if you get one fairly young they've often heard of FM and know what you're talking about.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:11 pm

I agree with gillshut, i have found the younger locums do have a wee clue on stuff. Mind you in my practice there are 4 full time GPs the oldest is by FAR the best, he is now the only GP that i willl see.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:27 pm

I have ME/Fibro and i take anti-inflam (Meloxicam and Mobic different names for same thing) as i get inflammation in my knees without them.
So inflamation can be a sign, cuase i have it.
Also i agree that the yonger the Dr the better chance you have of them being sypathetic to our illnesses.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:52 pm

I also take meloxicam as well as co codamol, and now on tramadol at night instead of the co codamol.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Saw a Lovely young lady GP, she was very good and even knew about fibro, so that was a bonus.
She thinks all my aches and pains are fibro related.
She checked my legs and said she did not think i had any problems with my bones.
If they swell again she said to go back, and to rotate my ankles to move the fluid.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services