Recalled to Dr today!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recalled to Dr today!

Postby princess » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Well as most of you know i have had trouble with my neck and shoulder - had a nasty appointment with a Dr from hell, and then a home visit from my own GP - who thought it was a frozen shoulder and if not better in two weeks he would recall me.
Well got a phone call last night to come in at 1.30 as Senior Pysio was going to come and see me.
So arrived, lovely middle aged lady, who listened to what i had to say, apologised for the lady drs attitude towards me and the fibro - then did a check up on shoulder and neck.
Its not a frozen shoulder.
Its infammation in my neck!!!! - causing referred pain and stiffness to my shoulder.
Funny enough what i have been doing myself has been the right thing, and upping my anti-inflam was correct too.
So i have 4 excerses to do per day and keep in touch with her every Monday afternoon by phone.
She stretched my neck from my head ten times, what a relief!!!
She agrees that i needed the collar and has no problem with me using it up to a week but no more.
Also said that with what my own GP had said to her i could have been hospitalised, but she thinks i have a high pain tollerance, probably my way of coping with the fibro pain every day, but to beware that i dont just relapse with the extra pain.
Seemingly she has dealt with fibro patients for years and is dismayed at the attitude of some Drs (liek the one i had), but she is having a meeting with my own GP tomorrow and will discuss my case.
I get inflammation in my knees off and on, and this may come back now and again, but to keep in touch with my own DR when it does.
So there you are relief i actually have met someone who knows what we are all taking about and the pain and exhaustion.
So im here and sore, but i feel mentally better for seeing her and the caring nature she had.
I drove the car today to get to my craft class, soim sore and tired, but a good day actually.
Another thing she said after checking all my joints, was that i was very limble for my age (56) so i said i had doen aerobics before i was ill, so thats good news as i was worried it was going to be athritis.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Recalled to Dr today!

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 pm

That's good princess, it`s a great help when you get a nice understanding GP.
Hope your neck improves soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi, i am pleased someone has finally listened to you and is helping and supporting you.

I hope the pain eases soon for you.

take extra care.

Dee :hugs:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Glad you are getting some help with all this Princess ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services