getting nervous

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

getting nervous

Postby loubie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:05 pm

hi all :wave:
my rhumie appointment is just days away now an getting very nervous!!!!! :yikes:
i just think he wont understand! sorry being a wimp :oops:
any tips would be great :)
loubie x :hugs:

hope you all well today :grouphug:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Re: getting nervous

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 am

Hi loubie :wave:
Try not to be to nervous.
He/She will just ask you questions on how you have been feeling and where your pain is.
They might do a tender test, all mine did was press a few places ie shoulders. He lifted my legs up to see how far they would go and at what point did i start to feel the pain.
Good luck
let us know how it goes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:45 am

Good luck :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:07 pm

Take a list of symptoms that you have also write down anything you want to ask so you don't forget and, if possible, take someone with you so they can help explain what it's like for you and help you remember what the rheumy says... I tend to nod, agree then come out and forget it all.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 am

thanks for your replys :)

my hubby is going with me cos i will not take in wot he says :oops:
and i have done list of symptoms, only three pages long :yikes: :yikes:
that has took almost a week to do :crazy:
thanx again :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:25 pm

looby im only 29 and was really nervous like you. i took my mum with me as i knew i probably wouldnt take in everything. it was a good job i did as the chappy was indian and very quietly spoken so i had to keep asking him to repeat what he said bless him. but all he did with me was asked me about my probs. any probs ive had since birth. had a look at mri scan and xrays etc that was on the nhs computer system. and then asked about my meds. and what ive had done to help like physio hydrotherapy etc. he was very nice then he just asked if he could do examination. i kept my clothes on and my mum and a female nurse can in with me. all i had to do was ly on a bed. in which he asked me to lift my legs up one at a time as far as i could. sit up then stand and try to touch my toes as far as i could etc. he also while i was lying down he lightly ran his fingers over my legs and along my arms etc to (i found out since. if i could put up the slight pressure he was pressing.) This is apparantly how they test the tender points for fm.

hope ive not frightened you in any way as that is not what ive intended to do. as i thouht by telling what happened when i went may help you so you kno what to expect. :lol:

it went fine. and he was very helpful. very nice as he has a understanding obviously of fm...
let us know how you get on hun xx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:46 pm

thanx for your reply smiler :hugs:

its been a big help, i do feel better about going now just wish it was over with lol
i will let u all know how i get on
thanx again loubie x :hugs:
loubie xx

UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby dollydaydream » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi

I finally got hold of the dx letter the rheumy sent to me GP. Amongst other things it says "She came in with a rather helpful list of her current issues and they include....."

So I have to say, it is worth sitting down and making a list of all the symptoms and trying to remember when they started. I had to do this over several days on the laptop, and used a notepad on my phone (never far from my side) for when I remembered something else. I even got my parents involved and we put down EVERYTHING. Right down to the claustrophobia and tinnitus.

Embarrassingly enough the list ended up to be A4 long! Ho hum. But the Rheumy seemed to appreciate it and allowed her to join the dots.
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 pm

dollydaydream wrote:Hi

I finally got hold of the dx letter the rheumy sent to me GP. Amongst other things it says "She came in with a rather helpful list of her current issues and they include....."

So I have to say, it is worth sitting down and making a list of all the symptoms and trying to remember when they started. I had to do this over several days on the laptop, and used a notepad on my phone (never far from my side) for when I remembered something else. I even got my parents involved and we put down EVERYTHING. Right down to the claustrophobia and tinnitus.

Embarrassingly enough the list ended up to be A4 long! Ho hum. But the Rheumy seemed to appreciate it and allowed her to join the dots.

hi sara :wave:

i went to see rheumy on the 27th June and was diagnosed with fibro
i did take a list that took me almost a week to do but he never even looked at it :(
he did ask me lots of things and the list was helpful to me as i could pick out things to point out

it is now August and i am still waiting for a copy of the letter that supposed to have gone to GP and copy to me ??? and still waiting for appointment with physio/pain clinic ??
think i have been forgotten :(

i have a appointment with my gp on Thursday so see wot she has to say

hope you are feeling well :hugs:
loubie x
loubie xx

UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby dollydaydream » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi :wave:

I was promised a copy of the letter, but it never showed, so I went back to the Rheum Dept and asked them to print me out a copy at the same time I asked them to refer me to the physio for some joint supports.

It was the Rheumy herself who said it was helpful. I went with hubby and got the message over that I was at the end of my tether and wouldn't be leaving until I got some concrete help. (Pain makes me very stroppy sometimes!!)

Be strong, be sincere.......& be stroppy if you have to

:hugs:
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services