i to have had a diagnosis

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

i to have had a diagnosis

Postby taffeeapple » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:30 am

yes its true, went to rheumy, and she was great, althoug i was to upset to tell her everything. had examination, she had to stop half way through cus i was in so much pain.

had blood test done, to rule out any muscle waisting probs, i have already had all the normal blood test done. had xray on hands, cus i have a lot of pain in my hands.

then she told me i have one of the worst cases she has seen, i have all of the pressure and tender spots, and yes it bloody hurt.

i am going for pysio, and pain clinic, being put on diff mediaction, and oh yes the best one, try to loose weight :crazy: . as if i dont know that already.

i hope you are all having a good day, take care

carolinex
I like to shake it, but the fibro does it for me.
taffeeapple
UKFM Member

Re: i to have had a diagnosis

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:05 am

Sorry you have fibro, but at least now you know what you are dealing with. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nugget69 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:20 pm

me two i have been diagnosis with Fib and yes i have been two a pain clinc two which i found it a bit help ful i went ever wed for 6 weeks tc x
nugget69
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:52 pm

i - i was diagnosed few months ago and like you i have weak hands - i applied for dla as my hands cramp up/pins needles/drop things/no grip etc etc and need help with just about everything ie getting in and out of bed/showering/dressing/toilet needs but dla awarded low rate cos i cant cook but everything else i said i cant do they said i can - i asked them to review the claim again and await the outcome
i have 2 year old twins and its a real challenge when your hands are useless and cant pick them up properly.....

have your hands/wrists become skinny? mine have - cant pinch any skin on wirsts - but on my ass can pinch tons !!!!!

take care
shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services