what next

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what next

Postby smiler22 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:45 pm

the pain clinic have told me to stop the amitrip as not working for pain. upped the cocodamol to 8 daily. then have given me tens machine. but it is causing me to have more pain than before. then the accupuncture isnt sheduled till oct and shiatsu not until jan 2010. so what do i do in the mean time. if the tens machine is not working. the cocodomol dont really help. but they dont want to give me gebantin until ive treid the shiatsu etc. so what am i supposed to aaaaaaarghhhh :banghead:

ive got the help coming in oct and jan 2010 but what cna i do upto them of the tens machine is hurting like hell. :banghead: :banghead:
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Re: what next

Postby groovy_chick » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:18 pm

:hugs: oh dear, can you go back to your GP and say all the above and ask for either a 2nd opinion regarding what the pain clinic said or different painkiller? Also if you can get referred for physio that would be good cause they can then confirm that you are having problems due to pain and can refer you on to other therapies i.e. hydro
I just find it strange that pain clinics vary so much depending on where you live. My pain clinic was of opinion that my pain would have diminished by spring (that's what they said before Xmas) and then I can come off gabapentin for good :roll: although the doc said he would rather I took gaba then co-codamol. Well guess what, summer is here and I am not on gaba anymore but that's not because my pain is gone but because it got to the point where I didn't feel they were working so well anymore so now am trialing pregabalin instead :dunno:
Anyhow, hope you get something sorted soon hun, sending lots of :hugs:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Do GP`s run your pain clinic?
Mine is run by a physio & psychologist, so not sure mine would tell me to stop any meds, as it would be down to a GP.
Tramdol do not work for me either, i do use them along oxycontin which is a much stronger pain killer.
You should go back to see your own GP and tell them.

Amtript can take up to 4 weeks to kick in my GP told me. i take 75mg a night.
There are lots of other meds you can try.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby smiler22 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:50 pm

thanxs for eeplys. i have been on 75mg of amitrip since feb this year so they should be in my system. i have had physio and got referred for hydro right at the start of all this. but the physio played me up chronic so they stopped it. i now go swimming myself and do exercises in the pool. instead of hyro as they could only give me 10weeks on the nhs.

i have been told that gabepentin will be given to me if the other shiatsu tens and accupuncture dont work. but that isnt till oct onwards. so i have a ten smachine that is causing me more pain than it should. and then maybe lower painkillers. only cocodamlol. i go to see me gp tomorrow so will ask him for help.
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:41 pm

HI
Yes it does sound like you need stronger pain killers.
Good luck at the GP`s, let us know how you get on.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby smiler22 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:37 pm

gp is not happy. he does not want me to come of amitrip at all. but to lower the dose to say 20 over a few months. he says it is not good to come of then take upto 3-6months before another sleep tablet kicks in. so staying on amitrip. also said what do i do inbetween tens and accupuncture. i told him the tens machine is not helping etc. but he said he can only give me tramadol, or dihydrocodeine. but i said to him he tried me on them before. i was sick on tramadol, and dihydro bunged me up chronic. so he has told me to get back in touch with pain clinic as he said this is not fair.
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Sorry to hear you are having no luck with your pain, there are many meds you can try.
I am taking oxycontin slow release, they do it in normal form as well.
there are patches you can try to.
Have a look around the forum and see what others are taking, then write them down to show your GP.
Does your GP know how to treat Fibro?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby smiler22 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:54 pm

its not my gp thta is the prob. because i have been referred to pain clinic it is them in our pct area that have to deal with the meds. and at mo they want me to cut down as much as poss. and have the non medicie route like that accupuncture etc. but the tens is really hurting and the cocodomaol isnt enough. so i will be ringing the pain clinic as and when i have to. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services