I am soooo fed up

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am soooo fed up

Postby fabme » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm so fed up today, went to the doctors today and saw a different gp today as I couldn't see my usual doctor who was the the one who said he thought i had fibromyalgia. I went to alter my pain medication os 15/500mg co-codomals wasn't really working.
She said that she didn't think it was fibro but more chronic fatigue syndrome as fatigue seemed worse and my pain wasn't that severe. She then went onto print of leaflets for both and suggest i read them. I asked about referal for a definate diagnosis, and was told this wasn't neccessary as they could do it in surgery, and she wouldn't be sure to refer me to a pain clinic or fatigue clinic.

So now i'm very confused as yes i really do have fatigue bad, but the pain in my legs neck and hedaches are also bad. I also told her that I was sure I had IBS but as it ran in the family I didn't bother going to the GP about this as I new there wasn't a lot they could do for it, but i'm sure she thought I was just saying it to prove I had fibro. I'm begining to feel like a hpochondriac and don't know what to do. :banghead:

To add insult to injury I also recieved my ESA medical results back (claimed for bronchiectasis which I also have) giving me 0 points stating I am perfectly normal and fit for work. i'm definatly appealing.

Sorry for the rant but I don't know what to do which way to turn and i'm so fed up, I take on average 26 tabs/day is this really someone fit and well. :cry:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Re: I am soooo fed up

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:32 am

Hi

I can & understand your frustrations....

I would make an appointment for your normal GP asap and go through what this other doctor has said plus your concerns.

CFS is more fatigue then pain BUT you can have both, i do.

Sorry to hear about the ESA :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:26 pm

I agree with Lisa, go see another GP.

Sorry to hear about ESA, there doese seem to be a lot of peeps being put in the "ok to work" group.
Keep us updated on how you get on with th eappeal, good luck.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi
thanks for your replys, I have made another appointment to see my regular gp. followed the other doctors advice which was not to rest/sleep but to keep going and do gentle exercise, and push myself resting late afternoon evening, did that today and oh boy do i feel bad now i collapsed in a heap around 2pm and slept for over 2 hours after taking extra pain killers, so i'm definatly not listening to her again.

back to see my own gp
fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services