chronic pain councelling

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

chronic pain councelling

Postby shrimp » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:20 pm

hi all

hope this is in the right place..

had meeting with GP and practice manager yesterday as i put in a complaint regarding the mr and mrs GP,s who for 18 months didnt take my symptoms seriously, the 3rd GP did refer me and was diagnosed fibro few months ago
i felt that if i had of been taken seriously 18th months previously then i might now still be able to drive and pick my 2 year old twins up and walk round the room with them, so i complained to practice manager.
hence the meeting yesterday, they are now going to refer me for occupational therapist - can anyone advise what this is?...they did sort of explain but cant remember...
and also they are going to refer me for chronic pain councelling,,,i also have severe endometriosis and may need bowel surgery and colostomy bag which i said is out of the question at the moment..not mentally, physically or emotionally ready for that.......
i got lrc on dla and wrote and said to review my claim again, my gp said if they still come back with lrc she will do in depth report for them.....
she also said if the pain clinic appt that my gyny is sorting out doesnt happen then she will refer me for that and if my rheumy doesnt do physio referral in august she will also do that.......

anyway, now i have babbled on - any advice on chronic pain councelling and occupational therapy would be nice

thanks all
shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: chronic pain councelling

Postby shazq » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:48 pm

I hope they get your pain sorted out soon.
I had to have an emergency stoma as an op went wrong with my crohns.
I hope it does not have to come to that, but if it does you can always pm me if there is anything you need to know. Had mine reversed now. (thank god)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shrimp » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm

thanks shaz......at the moment i wouldnt be able to go thru a big operation - just couldnt cope with it on top of everything else......they cant guarantee that they could remove endo from my bowel without possibility of having a stoma...so that will have to take back seat at the moment.....not fair on my partner or my 2 year old twins........

glad to hear yours has now been reversed, one of the girls on endo site just had hers done few days ago......she put pics on for us to see......

shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 pm

I did not get a choice for the stoma, i had part of my bowel removed through crohns, then caught septicemia. (had a leakage through one of the staples).
Got rushed back into theatre and woke to find the stoma there.
Also caught septicemia and mrsa when i had it reversed.

It is a major op, try to avoid it at all costs.
(Don't want to scare you but i lost my sister through septicaemia, having the same op).
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services