Can't belive doctor

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can't belive doctor

Postby dollydaydream » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:07 am

I had to see my occy health doctor, and after a long 'discussion' he told me that if I didn't think so much about what upset me, i wouldn't be so depressed. Why didn't I think of that! All this time I have been spending with counsellors, and all the antidepressants I have been popping - when I just need to subconsciously bury everything.....until I explode!

He said my fibro would be helped if I took a 20 minute walk everyday - he added magnanimously that I could miss out the odd day if it was really raining hard. Sometimes I can do 200m in 20 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes would be enough to get 10m.

He also asked me why I was seeing a physio. I said the physio was trying to loosen some very tight bands of muscles in my thighs and teaching me stretching exercises - to which he said that he didn't see how a physio could help. (This is the physio that the rheumy referred me to as an expert with dealing with Fibromites).

I am astonished, and very angry. This is a consultant coming out with this crap. What are you supposed to do if the ignorance is at this level?

Sorry to go on, I am just sooooooooo unhappy. :needhug:
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Re: Can't belive doctor

Postby Mr.A » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:00 am

UnluckY man. We are all get this same crap.
Last edited by Mr.A on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby greeneyesblue » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 am

I'd put in a complaint about him and refuse to see him again. It's what I did with my physiotherapist when he told me the pain my excerises caused were all "red herrings" and ignored them and made me push past them til I got very ill :twisted:
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 am

I remember being told by my GP that, waking up at 8am everyday and getting a job will solve my problems. lol, how can you not get angry at that!
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:04 am

I would change your GP.
Sounds like a non believer.
Cant believe he spoke to you like that, put in a complaint.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby dollydaydream » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:25 pm

I can't change him. He's the Occupational Health consultant for my employers (worryingly the NHS!) I'm stuck with him! Grrrrrr :evil:
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services