got rhuemy appointment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

got rhuemy appointment

Postby melt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 pm

hi all ..been back to see regular GP today ..went in and burst into tears..any how he really listened today and made me a referal to rhuemy..managed to get one for 8 weeks time..he was really understanding and said I can gradually come off anti depressants as they have not improved my mood at all ,if any thing I feel worse..some of that down to the weight gain since been on them..he also gave me some vit D tabs as my level still low ..
Been keeping a list os symtoms for when I go back to nuero in Dec so thought I would take them with me ..do yOu think this would be of help or should I just wait and se what rhuemy says first ?
many thanks to all of yoou who have been replyong to my posts the support is great and is helping me realise that i am not going completely mad

mel
melt
UKFM Member

Re: got rhuemy appointment

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm a big believer in making lists - for your own memory if nothing else!

The following articles may be of use if you read them before your appointment:

Dealing with Doctors: http://www.fibroaction.org/Articles/Bec ... cle-3.aspx

Medications & staying in control: http://www.fibroaction.org/Articles/Bec ... cle-4.aspx

There's a checklist in the second article of questions to ask when prescribed a new medication.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Hope all goes well ((xx)) As Linz says make list... symptoms, questions you want to ask etc. And I would take someone with me as well, they can help explain and also help you remember what the rheumy says.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Good luck with the Rheumy.
Keep us updated.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services