Hospital nightmare

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hospital nightmare

Postby CrossJelly » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi,

i haven't posted or replied to anything for a long time but am really fed up today, I came down with a problem with my left and arm I couldn't grip a pen or move my fingers or arm and have never had anything like this. My husband made me call NHS direct who told me to go to A&E, I did this, I saw one doctor who wasn't sure what was wrong with me although I had to tell her I had FM, she went to find a more senior doctor who came prodded and poked me, made me cry in agony, kept referring to ME rather than FM and then said everyone gets aches and pains, once you know somewher hurts you make it hurt more because you think about it all the time. I felt about a centimetre tall, very patronised and awful, I can't move my hand or arm, I would never just go to A&E for the sake of it and always try to get on with life as best I can. He told me to get on with it, to use it normally and that was it. I had just started feeling less of a hypochondriac and now I'm back to feeling rubbish. I'm so fed up and still can't use my hand or arm, this has all been written one handed!

Anyway I just had to have a moan!

Thanks for listening.
Katy
Life is like a box of chocolates - always eat your favourites first!
CrossJelly
UKFM Member

Re: Hospital nightmare

Postby natjoshlib » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Bless Ya katy :hugs:

Some people are really not nice, what about going to your gp, as he has had some dealings with you and should know what your normally like.

If not do you have a consultant or a physio you could see.

hope you soon feel better xxx
natjoshlib
UKFM Member

Postby CrossJelly » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi ya,

I would see my GP but he's on holiday for the next two weeks and I'm wary of seeing another doctor now! I've tried to get an earlier appointment at the pain clinic as the doc there is really good but they're full up till my appointment next month. I guess I'll just have to get on with it!

But thanks for your reply I really appreciate it.
Life is like a box of chocolates - always eat your favourites first!
CrossJelly
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Hello crossjelly ,do you have someone who can give your shoulder and neck a little massage .it may be a trapped nerve i get this sometime ,it might help to relieve it until you can get to your usual gp or the pain clinic .Hope you are feeling better soon .cottonwool hug motherelle .x :hugs:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Hospital nightmare

Postby jonehogg » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 am

I'd like to know how you found that out too. I have a couple of friends booked into that hospital I have heard bad things about that place, but nothing that bad.
Bye Bye 2009
jonehogg
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services