trying to get an app at gp grrrrrrr

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

trying to get an app at gp grrrrrrr

Postby furrytomato » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Trying to an appointment at my gp's surgery is like trying to find gold in a steel mine, I have called the surgery every day to try and get an appointment but always get either "we are short of doctors" or "sorry no appointments left call back tomorrow". Is it just me or does anyone else find this tiring, especially when you are virtually unable to walk and almost fall while doing the weeks shopping. :yikes:
From Furry.
furrytomato
UKFM Member

Re: trying to get an app at gp grrrrrrr

Postby lizfin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Me thinks all surgeries are the same :shock: just tell them to give you a house visit then they might give you one lol, I cant do my shopping now either so i do mine online best thing ever :D :D . Hope you get an app soon xxxxxx
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Mine is getting like that too. :(
We only have 1 GP in our surgery, he is such a brill GP everyone want to see him, so it is getting harder to get an appointment now.

We used to be able to get in on the day you called, but now we have to wait 1 to 2 days to be seen.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:35 am

Mines not too bad... I leave it until I need an appointment desperately and you can get emergency appointments every morning. If you want an ordinary one it's up to 2 weeks wait though.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 am

My GP's practise is pretty good.
If you phone for an appointment the receptionist might tell you you have to wait a couple of weeks, if you tell her you can't wait that long she gets the Dr or nurse to phone you back within the hour as soon as I explain the problem to the Dr or nurse on phone I usually get an appointment the same or next day.
Its a really good system that they've been using for about a year now.
I don't know if it would work but you could always ask to speak to the Dr.
Take care xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services