Mental Health Team

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Mental Health Team

Postby shazq » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 am

Good luck Lisa, hope it works for you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:45 am

good luck :hugs:
perhaps thats the horrid part over and it will be ok from now on :hugs:
fingers an toes crossed for you :)
just hope i don't fall over with me toes crossed :yikes:
loubie x :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:27 am

Sorry it was horrible Lisa but I suppose they needed to get to the bottom of it all. It's bound to be a bit embarrasing as you have to give personal details for them to get to the bottom of it all. Hope the CBT goes ok and if you want you can let me know what exercises they give you and I could do your boosters for you.

G :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:41 am

Thank you :clap:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby traceyarnold » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi I have had a psychology assessment, at Southgate, Stevenage, now located in Ditchmore Lane, stevenage.

I always thought that when I felt ill, it was because of my mental health. But since seeing the psychologist, she has given me tips on pain management, and I can see my condition alot more clearly.

Hope you have a good experience, my psychologist if fab, and has made a difference to my life.

Tracey
traceyarnold
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:20 am

Hi Tracey :wave:

Yes thats were i went for my assessment

Im hoping after the CBT sessions like you i can get refered to the psycologist & help with pain management etc...

Im glad its working for you and thank you for the positive comment it makes me now feel more at ease :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby traceyarnold » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 am

Hi Lisa,

Hi. Just checking to see how you are doing?

Due to see my psychiatrist this month, he does my head in Dr Fisayo at Saffron Ground, Ditchmore Lane. I hate seeing him, because he believes Fibro is still in my head. Luckily I now see this wonderful psychologist, she has saved my life.

I always thought that it was my mental health, why I would get ill, really anxious, unable to move because felt so scared, but didnt know what I was scared of. I was a prisioner in my own home. But seeing the psychologist has opened the black tunnel that I was in for me, because now I do a diary of what I have done, and then know when not to do anymore, otherwise I would suffer for weeks.

The psychiatrist always just gives me pills, never looks at the bigger picture. I am on 150mg of amitriptiline for heavens sake, I get constipated because of these pills, and he just says have more fibre.

Luckily my new GP is good, as she gave me movicol which I now take, and just waiting to get the appointment for the ME clinic in St Albans, to see what else is out their for me.

I dont know about you, but I get so frustrated with the professionals, they never really listen to you.

Any way enough of my rambling on. If you ever need to chat, just email me, and I can come and visit you.

Take care of yourself.

Tracey
traceyarnold
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:45 am

Thank you Tracey thats very kind of you to offer :hugs:

I have to first go through more CBT.

Have an assessment next week 18th... not sure if the nurse will concider doing me more as iv already had 2yrs worth :shock:

With me i feel i need regular sessions/boosters to keep my anxiety at bay, i did stress this to the MHT many times but got over looked, one step at a time is what i got.

I get frustrated as im not stupid, i know what i need.

Yes i have come across many non fm professionals, i always debate them & educate them, only way and if theydont listen i move on to some one who is prepared to help me, very commen im afraid with us all :(

ATM i cannot leave my comfort zone unless accompanied by someone and thats only if i feel ok :roll:

This has been a problem since i stopped my cbt boosters due to the expense.

I will keep you all informd of what happens and will take up your kind offer of support if i feel things are getting to much for me....

*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:54 am

Off to my assessment soon will give an update later :wave:
*Lisa*

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services