OT Visit

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

OT Visit

Postby ChloeCat » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Well the OT came round on Friday and has gone through everything and agreed I need rails at the doorstep into the house, extra stair rail going upstairs, a rail over the bath, a shower seat across the bath and a frame around the toilet. I'm so pleased as it will be a great help. As we only have an upstairs bathroom, and no downstairs loo, unfortunately the only thing she could offer was a commode, but I really don't want to go there (no room in any room but sitting room with a dodgy door and directly opposite front door anyone? quite apart from humiliation) so I'm going to press on setting off the moment I feel the urge and hope I get there in time (only a couple of accidents so far - TMD). She's also referring me to the Community Rehab Team as she thinks they will be able to help more as she only has certain equipment available. But I'm very hapy :D

The fatigue has been awful the last few days, though.

Gentle hugs to all,
Fran
ChloeCat
UKFM Member

Re: OT Visit

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi Chloie cat
Thats good news, my OT was a great help.
I got offered a commode for downstairs to, but said no.
She brought me around a form to fill in about a goverment grant, i got approved it and they got me a walk in shower with toilet & sink fitted downstairs.
It is a great help as we moved our bed into my ex dining room.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: OT Visit

Postby ChloeCat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Wow, that sounds great. I'm waiting to see what the Rehab Team say. It sounds like they have more clout. They're still OTs but a different branch, by the sound of it.

Fran
x
ChloeCat
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services