oouuuch!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

oouuuch!!

Postby smoky » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:55 pm

ran out of pain relief this weekend - so am waiting to see doc; decided to go cold turkey a bit as she was decidedly cagey about continuing my meds last time and thought it would be good for her to see how much pain i get
However I had forgotten how sore i get - am now in PAIN from shoulders down my arms, my lower back and my achilles tendon; going to docs on wed am but dont know if i can mlast till then :oops:

oh well at least she will see i am not making it up!!
smoky
UKFM Member

Re: oouuuch!!

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:19 pm

I would have suggested coming off meds slowly & with the monitoring of your GP...

I found doctors reluctant to give me medications to. This for me was because alot of meds do not help that much plus im young and they dont want me to be dependant :dunno: what my GP said

I hope you can get back on some pain relief soon :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Cold turkey can be dangerous with some meds... hope you weren't on anything to strong :shock:

Good luck with the gp and hope you get something that works for you.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:39 pm

if you are on tablets that have repeat prescription then if you get so that you are nearly run out and will run out before you can get your prescription in . some pharmacists. particularly the one you usually use will sometimes give you an extra box to tide you over. i have had to do this a couple of times over a bank holiday. i lost some tablets so was nearly out and went to boots and said what i had done so they gave me a few to tide me over until i could get the proper prescription.
:oops:
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby smoky » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm

yep they'll do that here in france too
luckily i see the doc tomorrow now; I've been sore but busy today so able to block the pain a little
thx for your kind replies
smoky :wink:
smoky
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services