first appointment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

first appointment

Postby andy12720 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:52 pm

hiya guys and gals happy halloween, got my first appointment with rheumy in dec what can i expect from him x
andy12720
UKFM Member

Re: first appointment

Postby joanypops » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Andy pleased you got your appt. I have only seen my rheumy once when i was dx. He asked a lot of questions and did the tender point test ( forgot the proper name fibro fog lol). He pressed on certain parts of my body and i squealed. That was about it as far as i can remember. Good luck when you go :wink:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Yip much the same for me, saw him to get diagnosed - and also had a ultra/echo scan for my heart as he diagnosed the Mytral Valve prolapse that day too.
Nothing to worry about Andy!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi
I saw my Rheumy twice, 1st time was to see if i had arthritis, he checked my limbs and said it was not arthritis, he said he will always see me again if things did not get better.
7 months later my GP sent me back to him, the only test he did this time was to touch my shoulders and asked if it hurt, the yell gave it away i think. :roll:

He told me i had fibro, gave me a leaflet and told me to go home and read it and try to get my head around it.
He wrote my GP a letter with some medications to try.
That was it.

Good luck, let us know how it goes. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services