Prof Davies.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Prof Davies.

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:24 am

PM me if you want any suggestions or if you haven't yet had the list of points to consider before the appointment (along with the questionnaires).
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Harley » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Blimey Linz, I hope you get commission :wink:
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:14 am

Lol, hardly. :) I'm just very grateful to him for helping me as he did.

A lot of the info is applicable to any doctor you see though, so I send it out to people seeing various consultants, not just Prof Davies.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby fluffyhelen9999 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Im planning on seeing him privately in the new year... (am lucky that Ive got a health plan which Im hoping will pay out - although I shall have to check this before I go ahead or Ill have to do the NHS thing).
I am yet to be diagnosed yet - do you think he will be able to do this?? I Just have all the symptoms and was previously under a horrible Rheumy? Sp?? who basically said I was mad and that fm / me etc didnt exist and as most of my blood tests were normal and I look fairly healthy then I must be fine :roll:
Even my GP has been useless, It took me 3 months to get the strenth and courage enough to go back to ask for a re referal only to be told my symptoms are too vague for her to do a referal :evil: and to come back and see her next week :dunno:
Soooo, Ive worked out I don't actually need to go back to see my GP if I see him privately :D
Im also fairly lucky that I live on the outskirts of London anyway so I should be able to get a train up and then either walk if I have enough energy or get a cab (I avoid the tube like the plague).
Helen
fluffyhelen9999
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Yes he is able to diagnose you...

Good luck :)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby bookworm » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 am

Hi all,

For those that cannot afford or do the journey to Prof Davies, could I just mention a wonderful consultant at wrightington hospital. His name is Dr Grennan and he is brilliant. He is so gentle and explains everything. He listens and understands where you are coming from and is very thorough with his examination and consultation.
I mention this as I know there are many that cannot do the trip if they are from the north and thought it may be easier for them to get to Wrightington Wigan. The physio team there are also well trained in fibro patients and again understand the effects of fibro.
I am lucky that I have a lovely gp who also listens well and understands fibro - so I am hoping that between the pair of them and my own determination to have as 'normal' a life as possible, that we will get somewhere. :grouphug:
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby LuvCats » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 am

For anyone who'se seen Prof' Davies, does he send you a copy of the letter he sends to your gp?
Or is it a case of having to ask when you see him?
Thankyou. :P
LuvCats
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:14 pm

My GP has never had any information from the professor and i saw him a year & a half ago...

I would imagine he should have to let your doc know as they need to have info on what treatment he gives you....
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:22 pm

If you ask, he'll get Ana to send you copies. I've never had issues getting the GP letters, but sometimes he needs chasing on things and Ana (who books the appointments) is the best person to do this.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby LuvCats » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Thankyou, I'll ask on the day. :D
LuvCats
UKFM Member

Postby Sally_x » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:19 pm

Please can I just ask where this prof is based pleased?? As myself and my da dare trying to find "good" places to help me as having no luck atm
Sally_x
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:33 pm

Prof Davies heads the NHS FM Clinic at Guys Hospital in London and also has private clinics in London, Oxford and Bristol.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Sally_x » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Thank you :)
Sally_x
UKFM Member

Postby Sophiex » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:08 pm

I was wondering, can you see Prof Davies privately without being referred by your GP?
Sophiex
UKFM Member

Postby fluffyhelen9999 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm

from what I can work out yes! (tho on NHS you need to be referred)... To help though when I do get round to seeing him, Im taking along all copies of letters from my last useless consultant and also copies of blood test results.
fluffyhelen9999
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Doctors & Health Services