Prof Davies.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Prof Davies.

Postby fluffyhelen9999 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Sorry to hear your trip there was wasted :evil: I still haven't got around to seeing him yet either - just seems a bit of a treack and don't really have the spare time to do it....all I wanted really is a definate diagnosis. Touch wood my condition, although certainly not 'normal' is fairly stable and I seem to be managing it myself pretty well by pacing myself and not doing things as energetic as I used to :dunno: ... also, (and I found this outit accidently when I was run down with a cold) I seem to find lemsips kind of help ease the aching / pain... not sure if there's any logic in it (apart from the paracetamol in it which I normally find no use what so ever).. I'm still avoiding going to my GP's as well, (as always end up feeling like it must all be in my mind and Im totally mad) :evil: just hope by not following anything else up properly medically that Im not making things worse for myself long term... Also, does anyone find they often have headache's on one side of their heads?? I seem to get them on my right side, It almost feels like I have a build up of pressure there :yikes:
H xx
fluffyhelen9999
UKFM Newbie

Re: Prof Davies.

Postby LinzWorld » Thu May 20, 2010 12:06 pm

He's not an ME/CFS doctor - he will only see ME patients privately when they have significant pain as well so they might benefit from trigger point injection or Myers (and he's not allowed to do Myers on the NHS). If you want to see someone about ME, try to get into one of the CFS/ME clinics.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services