New GP

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New GP

Postby joanypops » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi i have just been to see a new GP and on the whole whilst it was a very positive experience something she said is niggling me. She gave me a good check up, talked about my medication. She did however ask why i had finished work to which i replied depression and panic attacks. I explained about things that have happened in my life eg family bereavements. I have to see her again in a month cos she wants to have a good look at my notes which hey peeps is brill but she said it didnt matter what her opinion of fibro is and that she thinks maybe because of my history its possible my brain has shut down unable to cope and its manifesting itself as pain. Now im asking myself does she think its in my head :?
joanypops
UKFM Member

Re: New GP

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Having a good GP is great, having one that understands fibro is even better.
Did you discuss meds or a care plan? Did she say how she plans to help you through it?

If not you should discuss this with her, that might give you an insight to her knowledge on fibro.

Good luck. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: New GP

Postby joanypops » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Shaz. She did say that she wants me to go back in a month because once she has read my notes she will know where to start cos her goal is to get to know me and my condition so that we can start and try to control the pain. This i must say is far beyond what i expected. She was really nice. Im just a bit uncomfortable with the depression bit and is this the cause. But thanx for the reply i appreciate it :hugs:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services