dentist

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dentist

Postby andy12720 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 pm

:wave: hiya all been to the dentist today ( hate the bloody place) but had to go anyway. needed an extraction but it didnt go to plan. i now have the elephant mans face and half a tooth stuck. guna know about it later as i was all tensed while he was trying to get it out. the upshot of this now means i have to have it out under general. woo induced sleep :blowkiss:
andy12720
UKFM Member

Re: dentist

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Good luck with the dentist Andy, at least you wont feel a thing being knocked out.
I dont mind going to the dentist.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Harley » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:56 am

I can't stand the dentist and I wish they would knock me out for everything, the only NHS dentist I could get to see locally is known as "The Butcher of Bagdad" :shock:

He won't accept the fact that due to FMS and TMJ I can't open my mouth very wide or leave it open for long. :roll:
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby DerekJ » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 pm

I had a tooth extracted at the dentist recently but, as I'm constantly in so much pain anyway, the little bit extra caused by the extraction was of no consequence to me. A small piece of tooth was left in my cavity but it managed to work its way out after two months.

My dentist is okay with the fact that I can't open my mouth very wide or keep it open for long. I would suggest changing your dentist but I realise that in some areas this may involve a bank loan, remortgaging the house or a lottery win!
DerekJ
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:45 am

I've had to get dental insurance so I can see a private dentist as seeing the only NHS dentist I could get an appointment with was like an appointment at the torture chamber. My new dentists is amazing - they understand hyeralgesia, really know about TMJ and tell me to take breaks and are working to find an anaesthetic combo that might work for me (I also have HMS and locals are generally ineffective on me). Costs a small fortune though!
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services