GP Yesterday

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

GP Yesterday

Postby lullabybunny1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Hiya, i went to GP yesterday about being refered to Rhumie. She said that a lot of dr's are reluctant to give this label as it can have a lot of implications, on your life. It isn't helpful to have this label and theres not a lot they can do about it. She wants to prepare me for the worst it would seem, when they tell me you have fibromyalgiam theres nothing we can do. like i don't know this already. She is writing a lettter but wants to make an appointment and discuss maybe 1 symptom at a time till we get to the bottom of the list... THERE'S A LOT ON THE LIST! so its not looking promising.
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Re: GP Yesterday

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 pm

I hope you have better luck with the Rheumy.
Have you another GP in your surgery you can see? Your one sounds as though she knows nothing about fibro.
Good luck. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lullabybunny1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:21 pm

she is the only one at the surgery who believes in it.. the rest are too old, she didn't know anything about it but i think she's been reading about it since i last saw her.
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Print some info off from the forum and ask if she would read it.
Hope it works out. :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Iv come across this many many times..... :roll:

There is alot they can do to help us its the fact that the NHS dont fund us!! were bottom of the bag....
There are many medications & treatments & therapies we can have to help us....

Also alot of doctors are not very well educated thats why shaz mentioned about the info pack... iv been there sitting with my info and explainin my condition :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Getting them to look at the NHS Direct info would probably be best as they're more likely to trust it.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services