Mineral Hospital Bath City

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Mineral Hospital Bath City

Postby miniminx » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Has any one been to a mineral Hospital as I have been told by my consultant that she is going to admit me the first week of the new year? :cry: for 5days.

She said she wants to do some tests to find out what sort of arthritis I have as it might be a rare type. She also said that she wants to give me help to get my fibro under better control as I am in permanent flare up.

Does any onne know what I might be in for :? :yikes:

I am really scared as I was in children's homes as a child and in the 60's they were just like really strict hospitals. Even the smell is the same. The last time I went to hospital I could not stand it and after 4 days I signed myself out. I was on a nil by mouth the whole time and in a small ward with 3 very elderly lady's all at various stages of dimentia not there fault bless them but they chattered all night every night. Hard enough to get any sleep at the best of times.
Any comments please.
Mini
miniminx
UKFM Member

Re: Mineral Hospital Bath City

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Sorry i dont know what test they will do.
Just wanted to wish you luck, hope it all goes well and keep us updated. :hugs:

Ask lots of questions before they admit you, write them down so you dont forget what to ask, that way you will feel more at ease if you know what they plan to do.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby miniminx » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Thanks Shaz I really appreciate your response. It's nice to know that someone cares. :blowkiss:

Mini :sick:
miniminx
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:33 am

good luck hun....... try to not think of it as a hospital but a big fluffy unit full of chocolate.... and when you get out it is a better place as it is home.... that is how i try to think of it.... i guess they will do further blood tests and maybe xrays and mri.... to see if inflammation etc shows up........

try to keep calm and if poss stay in the full time as if they can find out what is wrong it may save you having to go back again another time if they can get it all done in one go....

ask lots of questions.... and if at any time you dont feel good about something tell them as they may be able to give you something to calm your nerves etc.

let us know how you get on .xxand in the mean time try to enjoy christmas.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:33 am

If you have a lap top mimi you should be able to get internet for free, lots of hospitals have internet access now but it is expensive.
You can pop on here and have a chat to us.

Good luck. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby miniminx » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks every one for your support I will let you know how things go. I wish all of you a Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year :clap: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Love Mini
miniminx
UKFM Member

Postby miniminx » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi every one I am now at home after spending two weeks in the Hospital. It was a lovely place and the staff could not have been more caring. :D I had sessions of hydrotherapy, psyiotherapy and occupational therapy. Hydro being really helpful :D . My medications have increased too:- 8 paracetamol,8 tramadol,60mg duloxetine,2 zopiclone and 1 omeprazole I rattle :yikes: but I feel a little better. Well I did when I came home last wednesday, but I seem to be back sliding.
The only thing that frustrated me was the over occupation on my being depressed. :x Of course I am my whole life has been changed I would be worried if I had not reacted in some way. :crazy:

:wave: So hello every one hope you are all feeling not to bad. :wave:
miniminx
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

glad you had a good time - sorry wasnt around before new year as i could have told you it was a wonderful place that really does understand and "get" fibro.

i was diagnosed there and have had some treatment there and know how good it is.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services