First visit to gp went really well

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

First visit to gp went really well

Postby dovebabysilk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:03 am

Tuesday the 30th march went to see my gp coudnt put it off any longer needed some answers
told him how i felt had an examination eyes legs push pull watched me walking although with my stick
and then he told me he was very concerened and i need to see a neurologist asap told me he would ring his colleague at the local hospital for advice and get back to me at home which he did and said i would have an appointment within 2 weeks
so tommorow the 8th aprill i go to the hospital to see a dr bamford a neurologist at seacroft hospital in leeds i have wrote a list of symptoms as so i dont forget . im not looking forward to it even though it states that this is a freindly clinic and you can take your time and are not rushed i guess this is to elimimnate the usual causes ie ms/me /etc gp said i will probably have to have a head scan he called it but one thing i did notice he never mentioned what was wrong with me and even asked me if i knew what it may be i didnt answer him.
i will let you all know how i get on with the neuro has anyone else had the pleasure of seing this dr bamford or attended the clinic at seacroft n ward let me know or if there is anything else i should know would be most welcome.
:dunno:
dovebabysilk
UKFM Newbie

Re: First visit to gp went really well

Postby gillshutt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 am

If you can I would take someone with you who can help you explain and also remember what's said as I usually find I sit and nod and listen then come out and can't remember a thing. Consultants can often be more friendly and listen better when there's an audience! Hope all goes well.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: First visit to gp went really well

Postby dovebabysilk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:41 am

Hi everyone the visit to the neuro was ok had bloods taken and a chest x ray full physical examination and was told there is something definatley going on has booked me in for a mri gave me some tablets to help reduce the pain hopefully so will get some decent rest we will see have to wait for prescription to be filled that will be tuesday next week our gps work slow.
thanks to all for the goos luck messages it did help just knowing folks are in your corner.
will keep intouch as to how everything else goes but for know take care all
hugs
Steph xx :wave:
dovebabysilk
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services