Psycolagist report

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Psycolagist report

Postby Suziq » Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi all, I recently went on an impact course( dealing with pain)
it was 2 full days for 4 weeks found it helpful and met a great group of people
found it lifted me out of a black hole and havnt laughed so much in years!
My pain remains the same and still get dark days, yesterday got the report from the course (copy sent to dr aswell) that says at start of course I was 54 percent disabled and now I'm 14! Have probs with my gp and can't see this will help situation! Feel because we all had a laugh and our spirits were lifted we are now allmost cured!!! If only it was that simple!!
Wonder what the dwp will make of it when they renew and how much hassle form filling and medicals will come from it? Keep on smiling and laughing it's better than crying!! Xx
Suziq
UKFM Newbie

Re: Psycolagist report

Postby denys » Mon May 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Glad you found it so uplifting Suziq, it's just a shame the person writing the rep[ort saw that as a cure :banghead: Hope it dosent affect anything too much x :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mr.A » Mon May 24, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes indeed, it is a shame that these people have either:

a) Lied about your progress (or lack there of), or
b) Are just that incompetent that they couldn't see that you have not made progress in regards to pain

Isn’t there a law about both a and b?

What pisses me off is that now they will use your case and other cases they have misrepresented, to demonstrate that their methods are effective even though they did duck all for your pain. Thus ensuring that more people get screwed over.

Quack Quack
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Mon May 24, 2010 11:54 pm

Perhaps this is how they come up with false statistics?
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Brimstone » Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 am

Did you know you can voice any concerns to your medical practice manager either as a complaint or just a comment? If that doesn’t bring satisfaction then you can take it to the General Medical Council. I’m sure they would be quite interested in what you have said, or am I being naive?

I suspect you feel “what’s the point, it won’t make any difference”, but you may care to look at my posting “Complaints about doctors” that mentions proposed doctor evaluation and patient feedback in the Doctors & Health Services section.
brimstone

Boxes make good containers for cereals but not for thinking.
Brimstone
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 25, 2010 10:21 am

I had a simular experiance not long ago...

I was seen by the MHT and was given MORE CBT

She assessed me and diagnosed severe depression/anxiety (which i knew)
At the end of the 6 plus sessions she took me off and done a report to my GP & MHT sayin it was all down to my personal life :dunno:

NO it wasnt!!! my pain causes the majority of this but she had never heard of fibro and her attitude to chronic pain was ignorance.

SO... now iv renewed my dla forms if they see this report there not gonna relate it to FM etc meaning the depression was all down to myself so they aint gonna put it towards my claim :dunno:

BUT because she has already concluded it and wrote the report i cannot go against it as i spoke with GP and he says he cant help :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Brimstone » Wed May 26, 2010 12:28 am

Can I ask if either of you were given the opportunity to provide any feedback on your experience and the value of the course to you? Did you get any feedback form to fill in, for example?

I have amended my report to the General Medical Council to include a paragragh on this, highlighting the issues you have raised.
brimstone

Boxes make good containers for cereals but not for thinking.
Brimstone
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services