any advice on if the doctor wont listen

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

any advice on if the doctor wont listen

Postby lsl » Thu May 27, 2010 6:35 am

hi all

can anyone help ? i am at a loss of where to turn, on the 1/2/10 i was confirmed as having fibromyalgia by the hospitial, at that point he put me back to the g.p who is looking after the day to day issues that occur, its nearly 4 mohtns later and i am in more pain than ever, i have been back to the doctors time and time again, (seem to spend more time at the doctors than in work)
at first he was fine, carry on with the meds and any problems come back, at that point he did a blood test to check for anything else, hep a,b,c liver test etc, i then get a letter to go for a scan on my liver as he was concerend that the lft came back as high, i had the scan and all was fine, went back to the doc's for the results, this is when al it went down hill, he started asking how much i drink, advised since i was told i had fibro i havent had a drink so approx 2 months, ok we will do another test, this went on and on, back to the doctors get the results, again how much do you drink ? again i dont, you get the idea.then i asked could it been something to do with the statins i am on, no wont be that, only an idea, at that point he looked at his notes and said stop taking the statins, that was 6 weeks ago, went back another blood test, come back in a week get the results, so i did, excellent news your lft hs going down, i can see you have cut down on the drink, i advised i havent as how can i cut down from zero, well the lft shows its gone done, would this not be due to me not taking the statin, the answer was well done for cutting down on the drink, uh!!!!. same answer you get the idea, at this point i asked can i change the tabs i am on as i am in a lot of pain and 24/7, i get to the point when i could take 16 co cods a day (i dont 8 is the max but they only last an hour or so,) oh lets have a look,have you thought of not taking them at all, no as i am in a lot of pain and need them , well your lft is going down so try and leave them off, yes doc i know but i am in so much pain i need them, come back in august and we will do another lft and see if you cut down on the drink anymore, i dont drink what else can i say.... at that point i left

sorry to rant on but its as though he thiks fibro pain is all in the mind, before this i found him to be an excellent doctor
i am at a LOSS of what i can do , any ideas or advice would be great, i am looking at changing doctors but could really do with a doctor that understands what fibro is.
thanks for taking the time to read the above
lsl
forgot to mention my lft was 444 six weeks later its 325
lsl
UKFM Member

Re: any advice on if the doctor wont listen

Postby Elsbeth » Thu May 27, 2010 11:20 am

Well, the first obvious repsonse is change doctor.

The man is a fool who is not listening to you at all so stop seeing him.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 28, 2010 3:49 pm

I would write a letter to the practice manager in the surgery, explaining that your GP is insisting that you cut down on the drink when if fact you have told them this a number of times.
If nothing happens ask to be refered back to the hospital to see the doc that DX you with fibro.

Do you have another GP in your surgery you could see? If not i would change doctors.
Try printing some info of on fibro and ask your GP to read it, its even mentioned on the NHS web site so that would be a good place to start.

It really does make all the difference by having a understanding GP.
Good luck. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lsl » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:11 am

hi all

thanks for the replys, i have tried to change the doctors but they are the only ones in the area, i will try to see if there is another doctor i can see at the surgery,it been a nightmare,
i will also look at trying to get back to the hospitial, to see if they can do anything else,

thanks for you time

all the best
lee
lsl
UKFM Member

Postby lsl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:19 am

just a quick update. I have got a new doctor :clap: :clap: :clap: all seems good so far. Have got an appointment soon so hoping i get some where
will keep u all updated

all the best
lsl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:11 am

Good luck :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:39 am

all the best :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby lsl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:43 am

hi all
well it seems to be a life time since i have updated where i am up to, as you will have read earler i changed my docotors, well i have been into hospital for a few test etc on my liver and it all came back fine, still high liver count though, but what they did find was i had a silding hiatus hernia, so that explains why i have chest pains and a tight chest, at least the ball is rolling now, well i will update when they find out what happens with the liver
all the best for now
lee
lsl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:14 pm

:goodluck1: and :fingerscrossed: Lee :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 pm

:goodluck1: Lee :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lsl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 pm

hi all

well hope you all had a great xmas and new year........

as i am sure you are all aware i have been in hospital for an endoscopy, the results are in and all seems to be fine with the test they carried out, but they did find a bug living in the stomach (C L O) also a hitaus hernia, explains all the chest pains, so dont assume that its the fibro just causing the issues

well still got to work, so will catch up soon

bye for now

lee
lsl
UKFM Member

Postby tentimes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 am

What did the doctor do in the end regarding your medication?
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 pm

i was just wondering...you said you were taking 16 co-codamol tablets a day instead of 8. this sounds like far too much paracetamol and could be why your liver tests were abnormal.

if i have the wrong end of the stick i apologise as i am confused today.

all the best, adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Adele wrote:i was just wondering...you said you were taking 16 co-codamol tablets a day instead of 8. this sounds like far too much paracetamol and could be why your liver tests were abnormal.

if i have the wrong end of the stick i apologise as i am confused today.

all the best, adele

Adele i think you mis read lsl post they wrote :- i get to the point when i could take 16 co cods a day (i dont 8 is the max .
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:58 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
fibro fog strikes again.

sorry, adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Doctors & Health Services