Advice on Rheumatologist

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice on Rheumatologist

Postby Glasgow-Girl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi, i went to an apointment the other week at a hospital in Glasgow, my own GP refered me as he thinks i have Fibromyalgia, when i attended the apointment the doctor i seen did not once even mention Fibromyalgia he said i had oseoarthritis in both my knees ankles and hips but my knees are affected more, this was before he did any xrays, He was also suppose to see me about carpal tunnel but took my splints off looked at my hands and said nothing about them at all, then took bloods sent me for xrays and discharged me saying i dont need to attend the clinic again, He said my results will be sent to my own GP any suggestions on where i go from here?
Glasgow-Girl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Advice on Rheumatologist

Postby denys » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Glasgow girl, if I were you I'd check with your GP as to what he has written in your report, it seems odd that he's diagnosing you with osteoartheritis and then discharging you?? Anyway if you aren't happy ask your GP to re-refer you to see someone else for a second opinion :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Advice on Rheumatologist

Postby hazelairedale » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi Glasgow Girl, I live in Glasgow too and have just joined the forum. My first rheumatology appt was last thursday and the consultant doesnt seem to think I have FM either, at least I wasnt discharged this time though and will go back in 3 months. Hope you get on better when you see your GP.

Hazel
hazelairedale
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services