rude,arrogant doctor

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

rude,arrogant doctor

Postby scarletsunrise » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Hello everyone this is my first posting and unfortunately it isnt a positive one. Im in a quandry as to how to proceed forward on a complaint i have had to submit against a consultant neurologist/oncologist that I saw in January 2010. During my consultation he laughed at the fact i had pain, rolled his eyes up to the ceiling, made what i consider to be snide remarks, treated me with contempt and as if my fibro pain issues were beneath him. My mother was also in the room with me. The resulting letter he wrote to my gp also bared no relation whatsoever to the actual reason why i went to visit him and i feel he has ended up trying to destroy my credibility as a patient. I made an official complaint to the hospital and asked for a personal apology from the doctor for laughing at me, but of course they closed ranks and whitewashed his behaviour repeating the statement "we are sorry that you feel this way but we can assure you that no offence was intended. Can some please tell me then what his intent was when he laughed at me!!!!!!! I do not feel this matter has been resolved to my satisfaction and will now take this matter to the four corners of this earth if i have to. Im not just doing it for me but for all the sufferers out there. What i would like to know from other forum members is do you think i should contact an advocacy service to help me with further letters of complaint to the health ombudsman or should i just go it alone? Also what do you think my chances are of succeeding?

thanks you guys
scarletsunrise :grouphug:
scarletsunrise
UKFM Newbie

Re: rude,arrogant doctor

Postby Elsbeth » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:16 pm

As much help as you can get will only help so yes, I suggest you speak to your local CAB.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:23 pm

So sorry this stupid person was so rude to you,I would take him to the cleaners, as if things are not bad enough for you :hugs: I hope you get justice, and i would get as much help as i could, good luck.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I agree, get as much help as you can as it can only help, good luck and well done for pressing on :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby scarletsunrise » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:43 pm

to denys, budha and elspeth, thanks for your words of strength and yes i am going to press on. Im going to send my story to the british pain society as well as famous womens and patients advocates and update every medical forum i can find on the internet lest he forgets.

power to the patients!!! :wave:
scarletsunrise
UKFM Newbie

Postby Schip » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 pm

The best way to get anyone to listen and take it up the right channels is to write to your MP, who then passes it to relevant hospital who then sends out offical whitewash to MP/you.

Yes I know sounds bad BUT and here's the clincher once you've got said letter there should be advise telling you who and where to go if you don't agree with their responce ie Parliment committee's. Have had similar experiences with my daughters angioedema and allergy treatment from a 999 call out, crew were very rude and dismissed her with 'oh you're just having a panic attack' funny how she'd had to use 2 XL epipens and make her own way to the hospital where she almost died!

Both my daughters were interviewed by some high up suits, one very sympathetic and disgusted at her treatment whilst the other behaved as if a family member of those complaint was made against. The resulting letter was of a similarly dismissive nature so all has now been passed to Parliment for further investigation in light of the fact my daughter almost died that night, thankfully their local A&E dept had an allergy suffer dr on duty who's personal knowledge saved my 24 yr old.

I have just put a complaint in about a junior dr in my Rheumy clinic, he's treating fibro patients but describes it as a 'fancy word for painful joints when we don't know whats causing the pain' He had no clue about chemical sensitivity syndrome which I appear to be suffering rather badly with. I do have a habit of pulling them up at the time so he was told personally a) I am getting annoyed with your attitude young man, at the very least admit you know nothing of what you speak and show me the respect I deserve based purely on the fact I've been on this planet longer than ya parents! He didn't like it but took the hint then discharged me from the clinic lmao!
Schip
UKFM Member

Postby Jena » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 pm

HI Scarlet Sunrise,

In my past life I was a Health Advocate. PM me and I will try and support you through.

I will add I have also been at the rough end of this kind of attitude as I am sure have many others, it is totally unacceptable and I am just about coming to the end of dealing with one set of individuals who call themselves professionals, that have caused huge offence to myself and my family in relation to my mother's death.

Any advice I can offer, you are welcome to.

Jena.
Jena
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services