deflated and confused

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

deflated and confused

Postby miss daisy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:51 pm

hi guys :wave:

well i had an appointment with rheumy today, not overly impressed. :(

he examined my joints and said they were fine except my neck which was particularly lacking in movement, so physio for that.
then went on to say yes it is fm, thats the name we give to patients who suffer pain but there is no joint or tissue damage so no real cause. ok i said, his main questions were if i had any miscarriages :dunno: , or broken bones ever :dunno: . and how i slept and where i get pain.

i explained about the numbness tingly , mental confusion ect and he said that was not fibro and he suggested i go back to gp for that, presumebly to be refererred to neuro???

end result, "there is no cure its chronic keep taking the pain killers, don't take much notice of most stuff on internet on fibro cos none of it is proven,its just one of them things u just got to live with, here is a leaflet.there is a local support group in the area u may find it beneficial to listen to other people who feel the same way you do"

told him the dental hospital is sending me for mri, he said why i said cos i have tmj and i think they just want to make sure there is no nerve damage causing the pain, he says well why would there be, i said i don't know i'm just passing a message on cos they wanted you to let them know if you confirm fm. he says well i still don't see why u need an mri, in the end i said i really don't know i am not a doctor, ask them.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

take care :hugs:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Re: deflated and confused

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:34 pm

:wave:

Not a clue why he asked those questions maybe he was asking to aliminate another condition :dunno: but then trauma can onset fibro

Numbness & tinglin is a fibro symptom as the muscles tense so much they can pinch the nerves.
Confusion is also a symptom but these are also present in CFS which is a fibro assosiated condition

I just got a leaflet and told to go....
These forums are here to help you with info/support & advice so we can help you

I also suffer TMJ and been seen by a maxiolfacial consultant, i had x-rays etc to just to rule out anything.
They will give u exercises and i wear a mouthguard, maybe ask for that also, helps relax the muscles in the neck etc limiting pain and stiffness.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

So sorry Hannah sending you some :hugs: :hugs: and you have us for support :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby miss daisy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:02 pm

hi lisa and denys

thankyou so much

i have had a cast for the mouth guard thing going back on the 4th august to get it.

it is not good at all, he just wasn't interested, he din't do the tender test thingy or even ask for a descriptioon of the pain, feel i was just wasting his time and got the impression he doesn't think fm is real, especially when he kept saying people like u, as if i was some sort of a leper.

:hugs: take care

i am so glad this forum is here :clap:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 pm

its people like him that give the medical profession a bad name :twisted: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services