pain control programme

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain control programme

Postby cala » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 am

I've finally been put through for the pain control programme, its only taken two years :P and I still need to wait for a space, but I've been trying for a place for that long its a relief to finally get moving forward on this.

Has anyone else done one of these courses? I have some resevations but I really want to try to find more ways to help deal with the pain and learn to relax in a way that doesn't make me hurt more, they also help deal with the emotional issues around pain and the guilt, depression etc, It's a 7 week course of 2 and a half hour sessions once a week in a group and they will handle transport for me as well.

Just hope it helps in some areas and I don't have to wait too long for the space although they have said before the end of the year definately :P
'Lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain'
cala
UKFM Member

Re: pain control programme

Postby hamstergirl » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi

I was referred to one of these last year. It should have been for 9 weeks but to reduce waiting list they offered some 6 week courses.

I didn't know what to expect, thought I was going to be pain free but we was taught how to manage my pain. We did little exercise, relaxation techniques which took a bit for me to get into but have gone onto buy a few cd's.

Hope you don't have to wait to long

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Re: pain control programme

Postby denys » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Good luck hope it helps :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services