docs today GRR

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

docs today GRR

Postby Elsbeth » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Afternoon all.

Hope you are all OK today.

I need a rant about my docs appointment today and to ask a question.

I have had a bad fewd ays and have had to stay in bed. Yesterday I felt a touch better so I went into town as I needed to do some things. I was doing OK when I passed out AGAIN!
I am getting really annoyed with it so I mentioned to the OH I was going to go see my GP about it.

I woke up this morning with pins and needles in my hand (which is making typing interesting) and when I went to get up I was so so dizzy so I made the appointment for this morning.
They booked me in with a GP that in all honesty I am not all that keen on. He freely admitted last year he knew nothing about FM, but I getting checked was more important that what I thought of him so off I went anyway.

He totally ignored the pins and needles. Agreed that the dizzyness could be the Gabapentin as this is known for lowering the BP. Which is fine but I have naturally low BP anyway (been conscious at 73/54 which is normally when peeps are out cold) but didn't actually check todays number at all. I asked 3 times if there was anything else I could go on instead. At this point he started going through what I am on and freaked out when he saw I was on Zomorph. He told me I need to reduce my dosage. I take 10mg in the morning sometimes pain depending and 10mg at night to sleep. This one I can't do without at all. Plus I am on 3300mg Gabapentin and oramorph for when the Arthritis and spine probs are palying up.
I tried explaining that I can't not be on them as without them I can't get up and he said I need to decide then, put up with passing out or come off my meds!!!!!

He has decided I need an ECG despite saying he knows it will come back clear, well isn't that just a waste of time and money??

Do you think it is worth my making another appointment with my normal GP who has always dealt with my meds and see what he says?
I just don't want to waste their time if what he says sounds reasonable.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Re: docs today GRR

Postby budda » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:16 pm

So sorry you had a bad time at GP, if i where you i would make other appointment with your own GP who will know you better, it sounds like the other doc is not interested, like many others,and you are not wasting anyones time, even though a lot of our GP make us feel this at times :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi Elspeth, I would make another appointment with your own GP, it seems a waste of time to see any others as they just dont seem to realise that its taken so long to get where you are meds wise :yikes: What he said sounds resonable enough for a non FM person BUT he didn't offer alternatives and its not reasonable to ask you to give up all your meds and suffer increased pain.

The ECG is worth having if only to rule everything out and be sure its your meds/FM related :hugs: :hugs:

how are you now after your fall :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Still having probs pain wise.
The slightest knock is sending pain everywhere again, feels like I have been punched.

I know it will stop hurting in the end but I can't help but woonder how long it will take.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Poor you I hope it stops soon, your fainting attacks must be playing havoc with your confidence sending you some :hugs: and :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services