Fibromyalgia Clinics

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia Clinics

Postby CarolH » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:15 pm

Hello I am thinking of going to the firbromyalgia clinic which is advertised in the family magazine. Has anybody been? Does anybody know someone who has been? I would like to hear from people who may of benefited from visiting one of the clinics either in Cheltenham, Bristol or Newent.

Regards Carol Howley
I am 46 years old and have FM for over 10 years . Winters are worse for me now (Must be age too). Try to keep positive but get upset at limitations FM puts on me and my life.
CarolH
UKFM Member

Postby ShelB » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 am

Sorry haven't been to one, but we have two just been set up in our local area and I am waiting for a referal to one of those at the moment. I have been told not to expect too much to start with as ours aren't doctor led yet!
ShelB
UKFM Member

my doctor have the cure for fibromialgia

Postby Wladil » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:00 am

Hello every body!
My name is Tatiana Linarez I am from Venezuela and I have been living in the UK for 5 years place where I got ill with fibromialgia, I have to go to my country where I found a great Doc that give me a treatment for 15 days and i am 98% recovered from that terrible illnes that the doctors cannot cure in England or in other contry. I have a treatment and I carry on with it for the next 6 months, but now I have my life back...
If you want to contact me trought this forum or via email you are more then welcome to do so, I want every body to be cure like me, and to have the treatment individually as every one of us are individuals that need to be treated like specials patients like I was treated in Venezuela, the Doctor Issac Mosquera has a group of Doctors that are very deep into reaserch for the cure of fibromialgia... a good news is that, the doctor das speak english and his team too... I have medical reaserch done, and all kind of test, even I was in an MRI many times, to check out my brain funsion...
the treatment das work... I am more than happy to help any of you, as I when trought all kind of symtoms, And today I can say, I feel very happy and healthier...
Please, take a chance to contact me, I can pass you my medical report, as my doctor speciallity is fibromialgia, he wrote a very good report of my medical health...
my personal email is Wladil@hotmail.com
the Doctor's name is Issac Mosquera a Venezuelan Doctor graduate in England in Lancaster University, he is owner of the Venezuelan Intitute of neurologist and fibromialgia pain, he has his doctorate diploma done in 1982, he is an extremilly kind person and fantastic profesional in his job...

I wish you all the best to all of those patience that want to be of pain and have their live back...
I am sending you all kind of good energies...
please, I will be happy to help you with all the medical ditails...

I want to help all of you
God belss you all

My name is Tatiana From Venezuela ( Caracas ) living in the UK
Wladil

Postby smurf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:14 am

Hello Tatiana,
I'm supprise there is a cure for fibromyalgia, that our doctors haven't heard of here, please if you can give more information about this, i could enquire of my doctor.
Kind Regards Smurf
smurf
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:24 pm

hi smurf the person who wrote the letter about the cure was a guest on this site so please watch out its not a con.people out there know we are desperate for anwsers,and pray on that fact......cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby smurf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:11 pm

Hello Cat,
Thank you for your advice, it just that like everyone else, the thought there could be a cure, eye catching.
i feel low .
kind Regards and warm hugs Smurf
smurf
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:44 pm

hi smurf why do you feel low?are you having a bad day?tell me ,im here for you.let your feelings out,it does help.i am just getting over a virus.its knocked me for a 6.you know how they say to write your feelings down?well i find if i do that on here,its better than a rant at people closer to you.So if you have something on yer chest ,let it out to other fibies who understand.Even i had a bad few days due to that virus.Ive been a ratty git.couldent help it ,but i felt so lousy.im a bit better today,the rattyness has gone.It was pure frustration i think was wrong with me,christmas coming an all that.take care.....cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby smurf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Hello Cat,
it seems I following you around today, my finances are up the shoot tp put it mildly, between housing benefit and council tax, over payment they say i own nearly 800, not including other financial blundders i have manage to get my self in, infection around the cathater site, hands and wrist playing, making driving difficult, mobilty crap, at 44, i feel like i'm falling apart and to top it all, rather stupid, because i can't get my brian to work clearly.
and i'm not ready for christmas, i have a tree but nothing to go on it or around it.
my son, said not to get him anything, christmas is looking very depressing at present, i'm baerly going from 1 hour to next. sorru its so depressing. Kind reagards and warm hugs Maria
smurf
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:36 pm

hi again!tell them at the council you are ill,cant remember anything,offer to pay a pound a week,it may work.Its worked for others.im sure your son would prefer to see you not worrying about xmas,its a hard fact of life that money doesant grow on trees.Just tell him you will sort it when you can.I bet he feels bad that you feel bad about it.have you got any of that hand cleaner thats antibacterial?Its about a quid from chemist.If you cant get to a sink to wash your hands,before and after doing your cat bag you will have probs.that includes any carer coming near you.make sure they wash their hands.That hand stuff works if you cant get to a sink.Ive changed more bags than had hot dinners!If people help you with them bags ,..bollock them if they dont wash their hands.because its the fastest way to get an in fection.you know marie i would make a good old fashioned matron,I wouldent have mrsa on my ward.o i can feel a rant coming on.rant...rant......hehe cat
cat123
UKFM Member

scotland

Postby princess » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:38 pm

Will those of you who are seeing someone at a clinic please ask if there is one in Scotland anywhere?
I live in NE Scotland and as far as i know there is nothing here.
thanks
princess
UKFM Regular

Fibro help Scotland

Postby AllyD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 pm

I found this site after much searching. I'm going to contact them first thing tomorrow morning and see if I can find a doc who can tell me if what I'm suffering from is or is not fibro or something else.
I had a conversation with my gp today and she said that "everyone experiences pain at some point in life and it was not unusual for me to be feeling the way I do" She won't refer me to a rhuemy as she feels it is not necessary.
I won't accept that this is normal.
I will let you know how I get on.

http://www.fmascotland.org.uk/info.htm

Ally D
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:31 pm

Hope you find someone to help... your doc sounds a bit of a waste of space to be honest, can you not change doctors? ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:00 pm

everyone experiences pain at some point-----hope you stuck her stethoscope in the electrical socket POINT and said you mean like this
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby AllyD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi Gill,
I've been seen by 2 GPs at my surgery spoke with a 3rd GP this morning (asked for female cos I was kind of hoping for a sympathetic ear, didn't get lol) I did have an appointment to see my regular GP for later this week but cancelled as I feel that they feel I'm wasting their time. All I know is I can't go on like this.

Ally
x

Ps Miss Bunny lol never thought of that wish I had. :wink:
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:21 pm

I have e-mailed them to see if there is a clinic or Fibro sensitive Dr in my area.
Thanks for the link
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Doctors & Health Services