Fibromyalgia Clinics

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby AllyD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:36 pm

your welcome princess I hope you have some luck
Lord knows we could do with some
You know what really peeved me off was the doc I spoke to today kept saying that the doctor I had seen on Friday had referred me to the pain clinic and each time I told her that I had requested nay begged to be referred. I think that if it were up to them I would simply disappear and not annoy them.
x
ps I was going to call but can't find a number so I will email too :)
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Ally D

I moved to a new area and the Dr i have just now hasnt a clue, he has been very kind to me, and he listens, but he hasnt a clue.
I knew when i came he didnt know much about it, but there were no sensitive Drs in the area and he got a good report from my ex Dr.
So i just get my usual prescription and sort myself out with my tablets as i have been doing for years.
This has been going on for 3 years now.
But when i take a virus etc., i am sure he doesnt understand just how hellish i feel.
Had 5 viruses since Xmas and he dosent seem too concerned.
There used to be a ME clinic at Strathcathro Private Hospital - part is NHS, but i cant find any info on it now, must have closed down.
Im near to Aberdeen but nothing to help up this way and having ME/Fibro its even harder the two of them together.
So anyone got any help of who or where to go would be appreciated.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby AllyD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:45 pm

AllyD
UKFM Member

Re: Fibromyalgia Clinics

Postby supernurse999 » Sat May 30, 2009 4:47 pm

I have just started going to a Fibro clinic in Bolton. and Oh boy am i glad i did, i only found out through someone on facebook, my gp never told me about the clinic and the clinic have said that dr;s Should be telling their Fibro patients about this. I just plod on with the pain etc but my problems have increased over the years and mobility is getting worse. My dr just kept saying "yes this is what you will get with Fibromyalgia" and i just got soo frustrated that i stopped going. Now i have been to the clinic i have had a whole host of tests and also a Dexa scan and found out i am suffering from Osteopenia, my bloods are up the spout, which is showing inflamation and apparently there could be something else going on

While i do not want other problems, these problems would never have come to light had it not been for going to this clinic. I sometimes think that gp's just get to a point of giving up and telling us anything , if they themselves are at a loss. lol i should know i worked with them long enough at the hoispital.

edit to remove bold type which can be difficult to read. Gill
supernurse999
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services