Dr's Medical Certificates ????

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dr's Medical Certificates ????

Postby jasmin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi everyone :wave:

Well from being on Income Support with sickness to going on ESA,,now they have put me back to Income Support, i am loosing the plot with them all,,,its so confusing!! :crazy: ........

Was just wondering if anybody knows if these Medical Certificates i now have to keep getting and send off to the Income Support have a maximum time limit etc..??? ,,could i not qualify to get an indefinate one..or one that i am not having to keep travelling tback forth to my GP every 3 months for as its madness, i am never going to be cured! in fact am getting other conditions as time goes on...and my GP knows this,,,but is not really helpful either!.....

Appreciate any feedback ... :grouphug:
as now the list is :
Severe Fibromyalgia/Chronic Migraine/Under-active thyroid/IBS/ Endometriosis/Prolapsed cervical disc/clinincal depression/lower back spinal problems...............:needhug:

Thanks Jasmin xxx :D
jasmin
UKFM Newbie

Re: Dr's Medical Certificates ????

Postby denys » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Jasmin, I have no idea what they are doing to you, I thought they were going to move everyone off IB and on to ESA. So what are they playing at moving you back and forth. Did you have an indefinite claim last time you were on IB or were you still handing in sick notes??

I am on IB and had to get sick notes for the first so many months and then went on to an annual review so I dont have to get sick notes at all now sorry cant be more help :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby piglet_mini » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 pm

:hugs:

I think it is different rules for being on income support for sickness than for incapacity benefit as I have 2 friends one on each. The one on incapacity benefit after a year was put onto yearly reviews with no sicknote required then she also got DLA for indefinate which allowed the incapacity claim to also be indefinate. My other friend has been on IS (for sickness - didnt pay enough NI to qualify for IB) and after 3 years she still needs to send in medical certificates (she gets hers 6 monthly, doesnt see her GP just has telephone consulation and collects at her convenience to post off).

I think this is because Income support or ESA are BOTH supposed to be for temporary sickness and you need to keep "qualifing" by handing in a sick notes. Did you ever try for Incapacity Benefit or had you not paid enough contributions hence the IS instead?

The whole benefits system needs a good shake up! :blowkiss:
The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveller than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:42 pm

sorry was very foggy when I posted my reply and didnt realise you had put IS not IB :oops: :oops: just ignore me I'll go back in the corner :lol: :lol: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sjc » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi there. Hope ur ok. I would investigate why they keep switching u from 1 benefit 2 another. I was put on ib, luckily just b4 this esa was bought in. Esa suppose 2 b tougher aparently. I only did 1 sik note, but 2 medicals within a space of a year. I had 2 do 6 interviews with pa but find out i didnt need 2 do them. It's bad enough being ill but the jobcentre make u feel worse when u have 2 do all of those forms and then gettin medical evidence, and its time consuming... Take care folks.
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:13 pm

I remember when i got sick from work and was put on IS, i had to keep giving in sick notes until i was asked by social to get a MED4 from gp, the MED4 in a indefinite sick note, not sure if things have changed now though.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services