rheumy appointment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

rheumy appointment

Postby twighlight30 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:06 pm

So I had my rheumy appointment on thursday, he was a bit deaf but appaert from that very nice he tested me for hypermobility joint syndrome and then did the triger point test and finally after two years of waiting he said fibromyalgia :shock: the last rheumy who used to travel up to to the island was pretty much a non beliver and would not commit herself to a diagnosis so i have been stuck with chrnic widespread pain syndrome for the past two years even though my g.p was sure it was fibro, its been good to get some closure :) he wants me to see the psychitrist ( i have suffered from depression for the past fourteen years), which i have an app with nxt month anyway and if my pain hasnt improved in the next four months he will send me to a specilist pain management clinic where he said they take a multidisaplinary approach, and i would meet and be with others in the same/simalar situation as myself, i could not believe how good he was :shock: . I had a lot of pain during and after the exam, i saw my g.p who increased my oxynorm to 10mg, because ive bueen having to take more in the past few monthhs. I have also split from my partner of 8 years this week, we havnt been getting along for ages. so its been one hell of a week for me.... I am confused, relived , sad, and lots of other stuff. It sucks but i know its for the best. hope everyone else is as ok as they can be :hugs:
twighlight30
UKFM Member

Re: rheumy appointment

Postby denys » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi Twilight Glad to hear you've had a positive experience :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services