advice needed please

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

advice needed please

Postby Blondie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi
As some of you will have read my last post regardeing my back pain, i am asking for more advice please i am at my wits end with it all.
My lst post was about my back pain and my visit to the hospital well you guessed it my pain has returned last Monday and have been in agony ever since. I went to see my Gp last Monday and he looked at my results from the hospital 2 wks before and said my WBC was rather high and when he listened to my chest he could hear some russtling sound so gave me antibiotics for chest infection and slight Pluerisy. had complete rest took antibiotics and by thursday i was stil in agony and tramodol was not taking away the the pain. Hubby was really woried so took me to out of hours doc who to cut a long story short could hear no rustling and put it down to Fibro. (Sorry forgot to mention had bllod test on Tuesday). ent back to my Gp again on Fri and he said he could still hear rustling and my WBC was stil high but not as high as before so whatever the infection was it was going. Told him i am stil in a lot of pain in my back so he gave me some different pain killers and continue to rest, which i have done all last wk and the wkend. It is now Tuesday and i am stil in pain and stil off work. Does anybody have any advice as to wha might help with this pain as its getting me down and i dont seem to be getting anywhere with my docs.
Michelle
Blondie
UKFM Member

Re: advice needed please

Postby denys » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi Michelle sorry to hear that you are still in pain, if meds not working, have you tried hot water bottle placed right in the centre of the pain :?: might just afford you some relief as by now you must be holding yourself against the pain and this will be making you feel worse.

Hope things settle down for you soon :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 pm

yes i would try hot water bottle as denys said, hope you feel better soon. :hugs: :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Blondie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks for the replies, the pain has eased a little now thankfully. Hope thats the end of it and it starts to settle down again.
Michelle
Blondie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Hoping you continue improving :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:53 am

Glad to hear your pain has eased Michelle. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi
Have you tried using a TENS machine? i find that helps my pain. or deep heat, you can buy the heat pads which lasts up to 8 hrs then you can put them right on the area of pain. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services