FLU JABS

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FLU JABS

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:38 pm

It is around this time of the year that the flu jabs are given, so dont forget to ask your surgery for dates. :)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: FLU JABS

Postby chuckles » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:09 pm

thanks shazq :wave:
i sorted it last week with doc
:wine: :wine:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Had an appointment for yesterday morning remembered last night :oops: :oops: flipping fibrofog now got to ring and say sorry can I have another one please :facepalm: :facepalm: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dottydoula » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:56 pm

are you entitled to a flu jab if you have fibromyalgia?
dottydoula
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi dotty

Yes, but check with your surgery first as there are some that wont.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graduate » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 pm

many thanx for the advice shaz
i seem to get flu at least once during the winter which almost always seems to leave me much weaker towards the end of the season and i had considered asking for a shot once they first came out but i had no idea i could get one if i had fibromyalgia
i see my doc on the 13th so will ask
again many thanx for the tip
sending therapeutic [chocolate] [chocolate] :wine: to help your brain recover
:flowers: :flowers: for their beauty
and of course
big purple hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 am

Thanks graduate. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Will have my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck with the GP. Let us know how you get on. :hugs: :hugs:

I have mine booked in for 18th oct.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby KellyBelly » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Oooh - didn't realise we qualified for the jab! Anything to avoid the yukky flu-y bugs flying around at the moment. I will call my surgery tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Postby KellyBelly » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Been told I don't qualify by my surgery. Asked them to check again - fingers crossed!

Edit: Nope. Definately don't qualify. Off to Boots for me, thankfully it's only £12.99 and not a really ridiculously hiked-up price. Wonder if I can collect Advantage Card points with that............ :lol: joke
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:57 am

Sorry your surgery will not give you the flu jab, isn't it strange that some surgery will & others wont.
If you have a GP app find out from the doc themselves as some GP receptionists will say no but the GP says yes. :dunno:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby KellyBelly » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:14 pm

I did speak to the doc too, unfortunately in our area there is a very high proportion of people who are deemed "at risk". We have a very large Elderly community and many many disabled people and carers who are first in line for the jab. The surgery told me I could go on their list of "secondary risk" people, but it means waiting until mid-Nov to see if there are even any free jabs left. It would be a bit of a gamble waiting till then, so I thought I may as well get it sooner and pay for it (I'd also like to get it done over the Oct half term hols, so if it does effect me negatively, I've got time to kick the germs into submission!).

I don't mind really, I'm kinda glad I'm not deemed "high-risk" and not eligible - made me feel a little better about my situation. Does that sound odd??
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Postby piglet_mini » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:24 pm

I had mine one Monday. Was told it also contains the swine flu immunisation too but is ok to still have despite having had the single swine flu jab back in Jan. I have a huge painful bruise but at least its over for another year!! p.s I dont get mine for fibro my drs dont cover it, I have kidney failure & asthma too which why I have mine!
The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveller than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services