Rheumatologist Appointment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Rheumatologist Appointment

Postby Bex81 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:05 am

Thank for the reply :)
Yea I think my GP has pretty much done the DX anyway so I wont worry too much about waiting! I have been keeping a diary that I will take with me. I'm seeing my GP at the end of the week about changing my meds he has mentioned gabapenthin?? ATM I'm on mprphine and amatriptaline. Thanks again and I hope you all are having a good day :) xxx
Bex81
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Bex

Lots of fibromites use Gabapentin so thats a good med to try, you might find you have to try a few before finding one that suits you, but dont give up there are a few out there. :goodluck1: for when you do see the rheumy.

Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bex81 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Bex81
UKFM Member

Postby Bex81 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:54 am

Got fed up of waiting for my rheumy on the NHS so talked to my GP about going private he said he thought it was worth it and if I explain that I and only afford the consultation and the consultant can fax my GP with any tests or medication he recomends then my GP will do them on the NHS,,,so I rang the GP recomended private clinic yesterday and have an appointment today!!! :D it will cost my roughly £175 that we just about managed to scrape together with help from the family! However I do think its discusting that I've been waiting on the NHS since october and still have 12 weeks left to wait! And the moment I offer to pay I get seen straight away!!! That is very unfair for people who cannot afford to pay! :banghead: We have a large family and only just managed it ourselfes!!!
However I am pleased I am finaly getting somewhere although my GP has practically done my DX we need this appointment to move forward!! I'm very nervous about today :? I have been suffering so bad since october and am desperate for a little relief! I am taking morphien, paracetamol, amatriptaline, anti-inflametrys and now trying Gabapenthin(just started monday and an building that up slowly atm on quite a low dose) I still need to use crutches and wrist braces just so I can function a little and get around even indoors! So wish me luck guys! And thank you for all the fab advice!! :D :D :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx
Bex81
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services