mobility assessment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: mobility assessment

Postby cassey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Denys thank u
cassey
UKFM Member

Re: mobility assessment

Postby Quackers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:37 pm

I bought my own 2 sticks for hobbling around the house and wheelchair for outside use and was advised that the wheelchair was all wrong for me.
My GP referred me to be measured up for a wheelchair.
We went to the appointment and was told that I should not have even been given the appointment :!:

The person interviewing me agreed my wheelchair was totally wrong for me then said that they only had funds to provide wheelchairs for indoor use and advised me to go to a reputable dealer who would measure me properly.
I was so angry and asked her outright if people who got the wheelchairs for indoor use were not allowed to use them outdoors.
Also asked if I was in the position not to be able to buy did that mean that I was being asked to remain housebound???
She asked if I was on DLA. I informed her that I was on high mobility rating. That, seemingly, is what I should be using my mobility money for.
She then said I was actually a borderline case and that my case would be put before a commitee
Husband believed her. I didn't and was proved right as I have had not word since.
Quackers
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services