Doctors today....

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Doctors today....

Postby deathvalleydemon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:45 am

denys wrote:Does your surgery not have any emergency appointments or on the day ones, possibly will another doc not necessarily your usual useless one :?: then you could possibly have a chance to get it changed. This system is such a shambles :( :(

nah, couldnt even get my 3 month old daughter in till next week either. i think a change in surgery is in order myself...
deathvalleydemon

Postby deathvalleydemon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 am

also, him giving me a note for 3 months that states the reason being"fibromyalgia" as the reason i cant work his my doc acknowledging i have it or am i mistaken?
deathvalleydemon

Postby denys » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 am

I would take it as yes he is acknowledging it even though he doesn't seem to think it's a chronic condition. Change of surgery seems a very positive thing to do. Have you looked to see if there is a support group in your area, reason I ask is that the members may be able to point you in the direction of any good fibro docs, or ring your local pct. On the front page of the forum on the left hand side of the page is a link for support groups which have telephone numbers you could ring to get some info :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby deathvalleydemon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:15 am

denys wrote:I would take it as yes he is acknowledging it even though he doesn't seem to think it's a chronic condition. Change of surgery seems a very positive thing to do. Have you looked to see if there is a support group in your area, reason I ask is that the members may be able to point you in the direction of any good fibro docs, or ring your local pct. On the front page of the forum on the left hand side of the page is a link for support groups which have telephone numbers you could ring to get some info :hugs: :hugs:

I'll have a look into that, thanks :)

im even considering a claim against my former employers because of whats happened to me to be honest.
deathvalleydemon

Postby gizsam » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:57 am

sorry to hear you are having a rough time,i agree with the comments,that you nedd to find a different doctor.

The NHS is one big shambles,and i work for it!!!! :)

Hope you find a way forward soon :hugs:

Cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby deathvalleydemon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:32 am

gizsam wrote:sorry to hear you are having a rough time,i agree with the comments,that you nedd to find a different doctor.

The NHS is one big shambles,and i work for it!!!! :)

Hope you find a way forward soon :hugs:

Cat

aww thanks :)
deathvalleydemon

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 am

Hi
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.
I think you should change your doctors as having one that understands fibro makes a big difference.
If you cant change surgeries then print some info off on fibro and take it with you to show your GP, with any luck he will have a read through it. :goodluck1: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby deathvalleydemon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:43 am

shazq wrote:Hi
I think you should change your doctors as having one that understands fibro makes a big difference.
If you cant change surgeries then print some info off on fibro and take it with you to show your GP, with any luck he will have a read through it. :goodluck1: :flowers:

I dont have access to a printer so i thought id write up a sheet about it, took it with me to the doctors, and he barely looked at it for a nanosecond.

waste of time lol.
deathvalleydemon

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm

deathvalleydemon wrote:
shazq wrote:Hi

I dont have access to a printer so i thought id write up a sheet about it, took it with me to the doctors, and he barely looked at it for a nanosecond.

waste of time lol.

Sorry to hear about your doc. The NHS has a web page on fibro so GP`s should start to be more believing. Your library might have a printer to save you writing everything down. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services