neuro doc

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

neuro doc

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi

I saw the neuro doc today, he still thinks that the oxycontins are causing the migraines even though i had them before starting on them. :roll:
He wants me to wean off the oxy`s and wean of Gabapentin and start on Pregablin.
He is going to write to my GP, he has also come up with another 2 meds i could try if Pregablin does not work.

Not looking forward to weaning of 2 meds at the same time, its bad enough coming of one. :roll: I just want the migraines to stop, they are really dragging me down, so :fingerscrossed: Pregablin will work for me.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: neuro doc

Postby denys » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Shaz, :goodluck1: with coming off the 2 at once, I dont envy you. I take pregablin, doesnt do a lot for me but does take the edge off so better with them than without. Hope it will all help with your migraines :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks Denys. :hugs:

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: something got to work on me surely. :dunno:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Hope things start to get better for you shaz :fingerscrossed: Coming off meds is awful at the best of times, let alone with dealing with 2 at once. :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Good luck shaz,hope things get better for you :fingerscrossed:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby angesparkle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:15 pm

hope things get better for you :hugs:
FIBRO, CFS, GAD,TMJ, SQUINT,ASTHMA,DYPSRAXIA,DISCALCULIA, BPV, HYPERMOBILITY.
angesparkle
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks guys. :hugs: :blowkiss:
I think i am going to go have a word with my GP as i am not happy about coming off 2 painkillers at the same time, i am still in pain with the 2 pain killers so i dont think i will be able to cope with it.

It will take a few weeks for the pregablin to kick in so my body is going to be all over the place.
I dont think the migraines will disappear overnight so i will still be getting them plus my other health problems. :banghead: :dunno:

I am already feeling low because the migraines have been with me for 12 weeks, some days i can cope with them and other days i am laid out, my whole body hurts with pain, i have no energy so looks like i will be in for a rough ride. :yikes:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Thinking of you Shaz, good idea to speak to your doc as totally agree with you coming off 2 together is going to be very hard on you :goodluck2: with getting something sorted and hope you get some relief soon :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 pm

hiya shaz :hugs:
think that's a good idea to talk to doc
it must be frightening :yikes:

hope it works though shaz, you must be worn out with them now
:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: the wine is mine, your head is bad enough! :tongueout: :tongueout: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 pm

loubie wrote:hiya shaz :hugs:
think that's a good idea to talk to doc
it must be frightening :yikes:

hope it works though shaz, you must be worn out with them now
:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: the wine is mine, your head is bad enough! :tongueout: :tongueout: :lol: :lol:

:roll: might have guessed you would want the :wine: loubie. :lol: :lol: This is the only place i can drink, not fair :cry: :cry:

I was v bad last night, had a really bad migraine. Think i will start dropping the gabba`s first. :wave: :blowkiss:
Damm gonna reach for that wine and share a drink with ya Looby lou`s` :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: feel better already. :wink:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:06 pm

yer lets get........erm..........er......its been that long i forgot :(

ow well lets just drink the stuff :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

cos its the only time i can too :wave: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

ay SHAZ feel a bit dizzy now :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope your head is a little better :hugs: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:53 am

Thanks loubie. :hugs:
Go have a lay down and step away from the :wine: you must of had one to many :roll: looks like we will have to keep an eye on you. :lol: :lol:

I will jump up and down for joy the day i wake without a bad head. (saying that i dont think i would be able to jump :roll: )

Have a good weekend. :blowkiss:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services