can i ask?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can i ask?

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:43 am

when i had my second appointment with my doctor~when he had all my blood test results and confirmed my fibro (crossover with m.e) he said nothing about making an appoinmtment with a rhuemetologist or pain managaement clinic.

should i ask for one?

i feel i have been left hanging in the wind a bit~on that appointment i was still on two ami a night and not throwing up because of it so i am wondering if he just thought i was okay and i needed no more support :?

what do you think folks?
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Re: can i ask?

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:41 am

Hi
As you have already had fibro diagnosed i dont think its really worth seeing a Rheumy.
Normally once a Rheumy has diagnosed you your GP will take over the care side of things.

Ask you GP if he can refer you to a pain management clinic if there is one in your area.
Most GP`s or Rheumy`s start us off on Ami`s, you do become used to them after a while and in lots of cases they have to higher the dose.

You are on a low dose so you should go see your GP and ask for a pain review, you might find that just being on Ami`s is not enough to ease your pain so ask for some painkillers. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services