can i ask?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can i ask?

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:43 am

when i had my second appointment with my doctor~when he had all my blood test results and confirmed my fibro (crossover with m.e) he said nothing about making an appoinmtment with a rhuemetologist or pain managaement clinic.

should i ask for one?

i feel i have been left hanging in the wind a bit~on that appointment i was still on two ami a night and not throwing up because of it so i am wondering if he just thought i was okay and i needed no more support :?

what do you think folks?
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
UKFM Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:28 am
Location: New Forest

Re: can i ask?

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:41 am

As you have already had fibro diagnosed i dont think its really worth seeing a Rheumy.
Normally once a Rheumy has diagnosed you your GP will take over the care side of things.

Ask you GP if he can refer you to a pain management clinic if there is one in your area.
Most GP`s or Rheumy`s start us off on Ami`s, you do become used to them after a while and in lots of cases they have to higher the dose.

You are on a low dose so you should go see your GP and ask for a pain review, you might find that just being on Ami`s is not enough to ease your pain so ask for some painkillers. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
User avatar
UKFM Veteran
Posts: 11449
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: wrapped up under my duvet at home.

Return to Doctors & Health Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests