What Treatments is best for FM?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What Treatments is best for FM?

Postby sjc » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:39 am

HELLO FOLKS. Hope you are ok today. I am just wondering apart from pain management and medication, what else do you have from the NHS? Do you have any support from social services? How could the NHS/social service improve when it comes to dealing with Fibromyalgia? What treatments works or don't work? Do you believe in alternative therapies, and which therapy work? Love to know how you guys feel, take care folks. Have a great day ahead. :welcome:
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: What Treatments is best for FM?

Postby denys » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi Sjc, I have had physio which for me didnt work I ended up in more pain than before. Waiting for OT assessment and other than that havent had any other therapies sorry I couldnt be any more help.

I believe in alternative therapies if you get some relief form them, anything is worth a try :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: What Treatments is best for FM?

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi
I have had the OT around and they have put in aids around the home to make life easier for me.

I use a Tens machine to help with my back pain.

Memory foam toppers/mattresses helps with the stiffness.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services