Medication

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Medication

Postby Christopher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Guys

Just throwing a random question out here and asking what strong medication are you guys on as i am on morphine tablets but due to me having crohns my body doesnt absorb it like it should therefore it takes a higher dosage to take effect but before i ask my doctor tomorrow wondered what other people are taking and if they take effect like they should

??????????????
Christopher
UKFM Member

Re: Medication

Postby denys » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi Chris, I've tried loads but result is always the same cant tolerate them, I'm on Lyrica max dose, citalopram and dosulupin plus as much paracetomol that I want :yikes: none of which has very much effect but does do a little :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:13 pm

HI
like myself we are limited as what to take with crohns, i have tried so many meds over the yrs, its trail and error with most of them. :roll: At mo for my pain i take :- Amitriptyline, Oxycontin, gabapentin, fluoxetine.
:goodluck1: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Christopher » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:49 pm

thanks guys

You have all been so helpful and forthcoming and friendly, but i went to the doctors and she has raised my morphine levels by 40mg so am 60mg a day looking to go onto patches in the next fortnight though, my wife does have to watch me for the next 48 hrs with me not long going into a morphine induced coma so people have to watch how my body reacts with it again :woot: :woot:

watch this space :grouphug: :flowers:
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm

:fingerscrossed: it will sort you out :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Christopher » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:27 pm

thanks denys x
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

:goodluck1: Hope it eases your pain.

(((( a tip for you-- you might get constipated by the morphine, lactulose is a good laxative to use. :oops: ))))
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Christopher » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 am

I know from first hand experience when they used to pump me with morphine every two hours for nearly two weeks and the hospital never told me it would cause constipation but when i did go and this is going to sound awful but i ripped and bled all over the shower room in the hospital but all they offered me was 1 and i mean ONE Bloody senakot tablet how bad is that but anyway saw the rhuematologist who i found very rude and condisending i asked him about Fibromyalgia and i only got the word out of my mouth and he said you haven't got that so dont be silly??????
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:10 pm

It's so sad that there are so many consultants/doctors out there who have no people skills :yikes: hope you get sorted :fingerscrossed:

Fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services