Head shaking

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Head shaking

Postby hallamcat » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello

My name is Lisa only just found out i have Fms. can anyone tell me why my head keeps shacking?
hallamcat
UKFM Member

Re: Head shaking

Postby budda » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Lisa and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have come to join us, I can t answer you about your head shaking, but someone will come along and mybe they can answer you, but anything new you take, you Must go to your GP and get it checked out, it could be something to do with your meds, never put everything down to FM. :flowers: [chocolate] :wine:
budda
UKFM Regular

Re: GP referring to Pain Clinic

Postby denys » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Lisa, if this is something new then you should get it checked out by the GP, I have a tremor in my hand but have not heard of one in your head :dunno: I think this is something best talked through with a professional :hugs:

I have moved your post and started a new topic for you as I think you may get more hits this way :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:17 am

Hi
Is it a new symptom? it could be a side effect of one of your meds but like the others have said its best to get it checked by your GP. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cassey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi not sure if this helps my father suffers also with head shaking he was told via hosp its stress related but always check it out with gp
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby LuRoll » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 am

I seem to have the shakes anyway, always have. My hands will randomly lose grip or just shake. But sometimes it seems like everything I'm looking at is moving side to side very rapidly, like maybe my eyes are doing it. I made my boyfriend stare at me for half an hour until it happened one night and confirmed that it's my head thats moving side to side very rapidly but ever so slightly. It really does not feel like it is though.

When I mentioned this to my Dr I had also noted that Amitryptaline has a uncommon side effect of tremors. He seemed worried that I'd been experiencing this but agreed that it's more likley amplified by the medication. I'm waiting for a while to let my body adjust, then I'll go back if it keeps happening. Saying that though, The head shake thing, I seem to have had that on and off for years! rapidly shaking my head on purpose seems to be the only thing that stops it, very odd.

If you're on amitryptaline, theres s chance that it's causing your head shaking, if your head shaking started BEFORE any medications were taken, then please mention it to your Dr and make sure to say it started before any treatment. It's always better to be safe and mention it, let your Dr know that it's worrying you.
LuRoll
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 am

Hello lisa, I too get the shakes and the head thing. My head started in earnest after my car crash in 2006 and though I keep asking my gp about it (will ask again tomorrow) she's fixated on the tramadol and won't listen that I was shaking before I was on meds. It's frustrating and painful as I tick and shake my head (and limbs) beyond the point of pain and it still carries on. Nothing stops it with me it just has to run it's course, and if I tense my muscles hard enough to stop it my whole skin just crawls. Definitely ask your dr about it. It needs to be checked out. :hugs: and :goodluck2: finding out what causes it.
:grouphug: for all who suffer this unpleasant thing
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:22 pm

I have never had my head shake, my hands do though. :dunno: its worth keeping an eye on it and its good that you have seen your gp about it, as you say it could be due to meds and it might settle down, its always best to get new symptoms checked. :goodluck1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:35 am

:wave: i do it and i find it really tiring ,aswell as embarrassing :oops: at mo its quite mild .keep diary of it to take to your dr.ex;was you stressed at time or was everything ok .what you have been doing
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services