fibro or not?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro or not?

Postby cassey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Can anyone help me? 2wks ago i visited a rhumatologist for the first time. I was under a neoro but after mri lp etc he wanted me sent to rhumy as he said mri showë 2bulge discs arthritis full spine cervical lumber anyway seen rhumy he checkë my hands got me to stand trousers rolled up an said u have fibro cps was wondering how can a diognoses be made after one visit ?
cassey
UKFM Member

Re: fibro or not?

Postby denys » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Diagnosis is normally made during the initial visit to rhuemy, they look at results of previous tests etc and normally have a poke about and then make the diagnoses. Sorry to hear you have fibro but welcome to madhouse :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cassey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:54 am

Denys thank u im just finding it hard to come to turms with. I suppose iv just got used to all the docs saying they dnt no. I suppose now what worries me now that i have this diognoses is will it be taken seriously i dont mean to offend but i have been to belive fibro is a hyprocondriac symptom i no many will be outragëd at this as i said i dont mean to offend but my one gp sant me to a phycologist he said i was fine discarged then gp sent me to anyther diffrent county same con then gp again diff county con same then gp sent me cognetive. Therophy he laughed when he had seen id been all over and said no i didnt need him so plz understand i need to be educated on fibro before i can truly. Except it
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:50 am

hi :wave:
just have a good read through the forum, we can't all be hypochondriacs :crazy:

we live 24/7 in pain, but for me the biggest hurt is that we are not taken seriously.
look at how many are on the forum, and that's just a drop in the ocean in realty
its a world wide condition. have you read the wright up on NHS choices?

i would be interested to no who lead you to believe fibro is not real ?
sorry you have been diagnosed with fibro :hugs:
at leased you know that you are not going mad and its not all
in your head :crazy:
we have all been through that too.
:blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Cassey, you aren't the first person who was led to believe fibro is all in the mind, as you know your pain is very real and you've been through the pyschological route and been discharged as fine. We aren't offended, you are one of us and will be educated on fibro as you read through the site. There is a lot of information on here such as tips on coping, info on meds etc.

So dont worry, we're here to help if we can, but I would seriously consider changing your doc for a fibro friendly one, there are some around :lol: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi
There is so much about fibro to take in but as you know the pain and symptoms are very real,there are still a few GP`s/docs who still think is all in your head but we are hearing things are starting to change, even the NHS has a site up on fibro.

I would love for non believers to be in our shoes for just one day so they can understand how real our pain is. :nono:

There is lots of info on the forum so have a good look around and ask if you have any questions, someone will always reply to you. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cassey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Thank u for ur posts. As for the question about hypocondriacts well i visited my gp sergery before fibro dingnoses my usual gp was not avalable so had to see another he was awlful.he told me something in my home was causing these probs. He then said mybe its my husband? He then said sort my marrige out and all that is in my head will disapere. I sat and cried he then said he has patients with real prolems.as i left the surgery i was in tears my hubby is wonderful so suportive and loves me dearly .we have been through so much together im lucky i have him. But after what the gp said it took along thme for me to return to that surgery i said id rather suffer than see that gp again and i never have. :sick: :sick:
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:46 pm

cassey wrote:Thank u for ur posts. As for the question about hypocondriacts well i visited my gp sergery before fibro dingnoses my usual gp was not avalable so had to see another he was awlful.he told me something in my home was causing these probs. He then said mybe its my husband? He then said sort my marrige out and all that is in my head will disapere. I sat and cried he then said he has patients with real prolems.as i left the surgery i was in tears my hubby is wonderful so suportive and loves me dearly .we have been through so much together im lucky i have him. But after what the gp said it took along thme for me to return to that surgery i said id rather suffer than see that gp again and i never have. :sick: :sick:

Based on what you have said about this dr, you could have a good case for making a complaint about the way you were treated. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to say exactly what causes FM, so I don't know how he could have said it was something at home and to sort out your marriage :yikes: :yikes:

There is lots of info and advice and support on here, even if we don't have an answer, just knowing there is some-one who understands how you feel can make a difference :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cassey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Once i find out more i will make a complaint but first i need to now more then i can wright a letter of complaint. Thank u all just lying ere talking to u all is helping my hurband is so caring but as u no one fuly understands unless u have been through it so thank u again god bless x :grouphug:
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby libby63 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:58 am

It's hard to come to terms with an illness that is not always recognised or understood. I was diagnoised 2 years ago after I had gone through surgery on my back but, didnt make a recovery as expected. It has taken me this amount of time to come to terms with who I am now and the fact that I am not going to get better which, was what I was clining onto for so long. I am in pain 24/7 my back hurts so much that I find it difficult to stand, sit or lie for too long. Complications from surgery caused a bloodclot in my groin so I also have problems with my left leg after that.. So much pain, anxiety, fibro fog, numbness in my hands and feet and continuous sleep problems make me difficult to live with.

Fibro is not something to be taken lightly and it certainly can make your life very different. In my world fibro is very real and the fact that we have to battle everyday for everything makes it even more of a pain. :goodluck1:

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services