advice on hydrotherophy

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

advice on hydrotherophy

Postby cassey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Does anyone with fibro have nhs hydrotherophy sessons? If so how do u get it and does it work thank you
cassey
UKFM Member

Re: advice on hydrotherophy

Postby denys » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi Cassey if you read through some of the other posts, there are quite a few people who have had hydrotherapy, I personally haven't but it seems that lots find it beneficial whisle others dont rate it, like most things with this awful condition once again what suits one person wont always suit the next. If your going for some :goodluck1: and :fingerscrossed: it works for you :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cassey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 pm

Thank u. But who would have to refer me. Would it be gp? This cold weather is realy getting to me wiling to try anything.
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Yep your GP would just have to write another letter explaining things and I'm sure they could get you back there :hugs: :hugs: The cold is horrible and really seems to kick of the flares for us have some medicinal :wine: :wine: :wine: to keep the cold out and some [chocolate] [chocolate] to lift your mood :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 am

Hi

Your GP needs to refer you to the community physiotherapist team, unless the hydropool is in the hospital then it would be the hospital phsio's saying that he thinks a course of hydrotherapy may be beneficial for you. They should then do an assessment on you and put you on the waiting list for it :)

Personally I went for 2 sessions then it sent me in to one of the biggest flareups I have had so I didn't go anymore. There are others that I know that have been and find it useful, it seems to depend on who the phsio is :?: mine just pushed us a bit too hard :yikes:

:fingerscrossed: and good luck and I hope it works for you :D

Fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby cassey » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:42 am

Hi finally went to gp different gp she was nice. She said the conty warwickshire do not have any hydro pools. Bup she sugested a hot tub in my garden lol ill have to go to that money tree at the bottom m of my garden lok
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Should ask for one on prescription :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services