is this tipical of fibro

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

is this tipical of fibro

Postby cassey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:12 am

Hi all i mentioned not been to well. Can i ask advice as only rec been diognosed nov. Is this tipical of fibro. Dnt want to run back and forth to gp. My symptoms have got worse since diognosed. The foot pain started like shock sen in the bottom left foot.the pain now has spread to all my foot severe shooting pains. My leg feels like an elastic band is pinching the top of my leg. And muscle go tight. With a deep aching pain. It has spread to other leg. Im now geting numbness in my right foot toes tingle dif to left foot pain. Today my left arm heavy pain hands hot tingling with back pain is this normal in fibro. I admit today has worried me any advise plz thank u
cassey
UKFM Member

Re: is this tipical of fibro

Postby denys » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:17 am

Hi Cassey, we always advise that any new symptoms must be checked out by your GP as it can be dangerous to put everything down to fibro. It could quite possibly and is most likely to all be related to your FM but please dont assume and get it checked properly. Unfortuantely you will spend a lot of time running back and forth it's the nature of this condition. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cassey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:34 am

Hi denys thanks for reponding. Im just so fed up at the mo. No one wants to be ill im having a bad time comming to turms with this. I suppose i sound selfish. As u all have problems im sorry if i do but with the new year approaching i want to get out get drunk and dance the night away. I realy am finding this hard. My daughter said the other day she wants her mum back. This made me cry wen she went out. She is 17 . I used to go the gym every morning before work god i was so energetic .now my daughter is at the age we could of gone together it hurt me when she said what she did but i no she didnt mean to upset me.
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:02 am

there are so many aches, pains and tenderpoints to have. it is a hard illness to come to terms with and as with me symptoms can come on quickly so you go from having a "normal" life to being a fibro bedridden at times disabled person or as my oh puts it "our world is getting smaller2

our family do not mean anything by it, it is hard for them as well as us, as they have lsot a parent, partner etc who was able to do so much as you said.

people say many times on her but being newly diagnosed, like you, i find it is hard to believe, accept or understand this illness.
i keep waking up thinkging i am ok now then the following day have a bad day.

it is just as hard to accept acceptance and pace yourself as learning to deal wiht every new ache, pain, burning sensaton and there will be mainy trips to docs to try new pain killers etc.

but keep positive you are still in there somewhere = i am still the same person i still want to do things, i just know i cant now and that is the hardest thing to accept.

all the besdt and we understand here.
:hugs:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

FIBRO?

Postby sjc » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:04 pm

Hiya. Hope you feeling ok. I get the same sensations, as well. I've had blood tests and had xrays, but doctors just say it's the fibro and stress. In the books or certain docs would say that fms is just that a basic pain, yet we all know that fibro is a horrible and funny kind of illness. Have a good new year to you and every1 ön the forum. :grouphug:
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi
I get pins and needles in my feet and hands with numbness but like Denys said all new symptoms should be checked by your GP really just to rule out other problems. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:58 pm

Cassey you dont sound selfish at all, as the others have said this condition is difficult to manage and definitely difficult to come to terms with. have a laugh with your daughter when she is getting ready to go out and explain to her you would love to go with her and one day when things have settled you will even if its only to the pub for half an hour :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi Cassey, you don't sound selfish at all. We all come on here with questions, worries and moans and groans as we know we can share these things with others who can understand how we're thinking and feeling, same with the aches, pains and hurtyness :hugs: :hugs:

I have lots of similar sensations, feelings and pain like you've described. I find it so worrying and exhausting when they all flare at once as I start to think everything is getting worse all at once. Don't worry about going back to your GP to have things checked out, it's far better to do that and be told it's FM than leaving it and assuming it's due to FM when it might not be.

Hope you start to feel better soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi Cassey

You dont sound selfish at all, fibro stripes us of so many things, it changes our lives and there's lots to take in, i feel as though i have been put into someone else's body, this is just not me, i was so out going, was always on the go, never sat down.
My life is so different now.

It is hard to come to terms with but it does get easier with time, you get to know the things you can and cant do and learn to pace.
Listen to your body, if it needs a rest then rest, i have learnt this the hard way with a few falls. :nono:

Any questions/problems just ask, we are all here to help and support each other. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cassey » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:06 pm

I do have a question? Will it get better. Iv been on the web as im trying to know as much as i can about this condition so i can explain to my family what is going on with me. The thing is all sites say dif things. Such as some say i wont get better an some say the fibro tisue and muscles waste due to serotin in the brain. OThers say its a phyco condition please can someone explain as im confussed thanks.
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Cassey

Iam sorry but there is no cure for fibro, everyone's pain is different and people deal with pain differently some people can have their pain under control by meds but others become wheelchair bound.
Not sure if you have read the NHS web site but here is the link, hope it helps:-

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Fibromyalg ... ction.aspx
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services