confusion

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confusion

Postby loopyloo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 am

My GP has just diagnosed me with FM, and refered me straight through to physio, i haven't seen anyone else, is this normal practice :?: . :?
loopyloo
UKFM Member

Re: confusion

Postby budda » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:55 am

Hi Loopyloo,My GP sent me to the hospital to speak to a professor and he was the one who diagnosed me with FM, then i was sent to a physio, maybe because my GP was not sure what it was, but am sure there will be someone who can tell you how it worked for them, hope this helps you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby loopyloo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 pm

:) thanks a lot for your reply i guess i just needed a bit of reassurance that i wasn't being fobbed off :hugs:
loopyloo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Dont think there is a 'normal practise' with this Loop so there doesnt seem to be a right or wrong :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Definitely nothing normal where FM is concerned loopy :crazy: :crazy: Hope you're not waiting too long for the physio appt :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby BellaLuna » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Good luck for the physio, I'm off to see mine next month x
Newly Diagnosed Fibromyalgia Sufferer
My Blog: http://thegirlieblogger.blogspot.com/ My Facebook http://www.facebook.com/beckybowden
BellaLuna
UKFM Newbie

Postby stephanini » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:50 pm

i was referred to a rheumatologist from the GP, because she felt she didnt know enough to diagnose me fully herself...the rheumi then sent me to physio

my guess is that your GP has come across fm before and feels that they have sufficient knowledge to diagnose it in you x
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:41 pm

mY Gp diagnosed me with fibro, and it was him that came up with it not the other way around :D Although he is heavily involved in training and works for the PCT and I worked alongside him when I was attached to the practice, so he knows me well and I trust him and his judgement.

After reading some posts on her regarding rhumis I have no desire to be refered to someone who doesn't know me and who's likely to brush me off after one visit, no thanks :!: :!: i'll stick with my GP

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:22 pm

I got my GP to refer me to a Rheumy and hopefully next Tues I'll get my definite diagnosis. The Rheumy has already referred me to a physio for FM, I'm just waiting for a date.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 pm

:goodluck2: Nellyphant.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:16 am

:wave: agree with denys and :facepalm: :oops: flups theres nothing :crazy: normal about this .i was sent to physio about this and they didnt even know what fm was or dystonia . :banghead: anyway tried manipulate my shoulders ,neck and other parts and because i screamed ,shouted and reacted was asked to leave :oops: :evil: my parting words was they get info before trying there so called torture :lol: my dr. wasnt impressed with them once he heard my side .needless say not been back since .think they needed to catch up abit with training etc .have heard others say it helps .so :goodluck1: :fingerscrossed: things improve soon :blowkiss:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby mellabella » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:12 pm

My doc sent me to a rhumi. he diagnosed me and sent me to an O.T. Should i have been sent to a physio instead?
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:15 pm

mellabella wrote:My doc sent me to a rhumi. he diagnosed me and sent me to an O.T. Should i have been sent to a physio instead?

Not everyone gets sent to a physio think it depends on your GP, i have never been seen by one.
Some people it works for and some it doesn't.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby MotorRoamer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:54 pm

My Rheumy appointment is on Monday. Is this the day that I will finally be diagnosed, or does it not end there :shock:
MotorRoamer
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Depends on what they find, most people get told on the spot and discharged back into the care of the GP for some the rhuemy keeps them :dunno: :dunno: but :fingerscrossed: you find out for definite :goodluck1: with the appointment :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Doctors & Health Services