DLA doctor agrees...

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA doctor agrees...

Postby Lisa2701 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm

hi everyone,

So my doctor suspects I suffer from Fibro but she is reluctant to actually try to get me a diagnosis for some reason. Anyway, I have had to appeal my DLA decision and so after loads of hoop jumping they have sent a doctor out. So he came this evening. Asked a million questions and then done a physical exam. Afterwards he said that he agree's and that in his opinion I do have Fibro. So now what, how can i push my doctor for a diagnosis. She just keeps telling me that its really hard to diagnose and that treatment would be the same so no need to push for it. Any advice?

Lisa x
Lisa2701
UKFM Member

Re: DLA doctor agrees...

Postby denys » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi Lisa, tell your doc that it is easier for you to deal with how you are with a proper DX and if she is unwilling to give it then you want a referral to a rhuematologist who will be more qualified to give it and keep pushing, if she still refuses, change docs to one who will :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 am

good advise denys
:wave:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Lisa2701 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:09 am

Thanks, i think I will just go ahead and ask for a referral to a rhuematologist as i don't think my doctor is comfortable enough to give me the diagnosis. She did put it in writing for the DLA that she thought it was possible I have Fibro. It'll be a month before I am back at the doctors but i will ask then. Thanks x
Lisa2701
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:16 am

:goodluck1: Lisa.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Lisa2701 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks, I'll need it :D
Lisa2701
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi
Agree with Denys. :goodluck1: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services