Waitied for 2 weeks for this...??

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Waitied for 2 weeks for this...??

Postby wastedandworn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi there people,

Others may know I was waiting for a double appointment after seeing the doc. At the first app I was to have blood tests to make doubly sure it is only FM I am suffering with. Had the bloods done last week and went back for mydouble app this morning.

number 1:

All my bloods have come back normal..... :)

number 2 :

I am now on Tramodol instead of the codiene... (codiene didn't seem to be helping me anymore, been on them a long long time)

These two are good but the rest is pretty crap. She didn't want to send me for an MRI scan even though I tried really hard to convey to her how much pain my back gives me. To top that off she wouldn't refer me to a rheumy/pain clinic. Instead she has referred me to a physiotherapy.... :dunno: Will this help???

ALSO, SHE WANTS ME TO STAY ON THE GABAPENTIN A WHILE LONGER... (whoops, sorry for the caps).. She wanted me on the max of gaba. I have done this for near on 2 weeks now and I cannot feel 1 little difference.. :? So why didn't she start something else??

Oh I just don't get it.. Sorry for all this ranting. Thank you for taking the time to read. x x x
wastedandworn
UKFM Member

Re: Waitied for 2 weeks for this...??

Postby lizbeth1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Hello,
I am as yet undiagnosed with FM but alot of what I have heard on here is rininging trum with me.
I am sorry for ur frustrating time with docs etc me too. I am atm going throu the symtoms of FM and writing them down and then doing a list for how it effects me and will then go to my g.p but up til now im getting all begitave results all ropund.
Good luck.
oh for got.
I also get no relief from the pain with my tabs.
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi, I dont take any meds apart from pain killers and they just dull my pain, but everyone is different, I have tryed all sorts of meds but they done nothing for ME, I think meds take up to 3weeks or 3 months to start taken any effect, someone will be able to tell you better, hope you get sorted soon. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Sounds like your appt was a bit of a mixed bag for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: It's good that the blood tests didn't show anything else up and that you've got some new pain meds to try. I think Tramadol are the next step for me (based on what my gp said the last time I saw him) :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: They start to make a difference :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

As for not referring you onto a rheumy or pain clinic, I'm not sure :dunno: :dunno: Maybe the physio you are being referred to has experience of things like fibro, and she thinks that might be helpful to you. I had some physio, but that was related to balance problems more than the pain side of things :dunno: :dunno:

As for staying on the Gabas, what budda has said about them taking a while to get into your system agrees with what I'm told by my dr when I have new meds. With everything, he always tells me it could take anything from 4 to 6 weeks before they are in my system properly and working.

I know it's not the ideal situation to be in, but try to hang on in there, we're here for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby georgina.hiam » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi

I am the same as you whenever I have bloods done nothing shows except for elevated esr levels, I went back to my rheumy yesterday she just started me on sulfasalazine, aswell as 300mg gabapentin 4 times daily, she too said to me don't expect miracles these tablets take up to three months to get in your system.

I too have had physio, hydro therapy and acupuncture all of which made me worse, they say if your not noticing any difference after the third session then it's not working for you.

My rheumy did say to me tho that with fibro it is all trial and error because they don't know enough about it.
:goodluck2: and big hugs, hope it helps :fingerscrossed: for you.

Georgie xx
georgina.hiam
UKFM Member

Postby lizbeth1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 pm

The physio has said that my pain is due to the way I sit, stand, walk, and hold myself ?
I v had to do exercises but they are causing me more pain.
Am due back there tomorrow am dreading it.
Am having a bad week as it is.
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:18 am

Hi all from what I've read on here I think it depends on whether your Physio is fibro savvy ordinary physio's dont seem to work too well and I know mine didnt, but :fingerscrossed: it will work for you :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lizbeth1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:47 am

I am going this afternoon so will let you know lateron.
Shes so hard/harsh with me thou, is this usual ?
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:13 am

:goodluck1: for today lizbeth. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:30 pm

She shouldn't by Lizbeth, if she's too bad she could set of a flare :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :facepalm: :facepalm: tell her its too much and to tone it down if you need to :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wastedandworn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Definitely..

Hope you're not pushed too hard. x x x
wastedandworn
UKFM Member

Postby lillly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi,
I dont know where this negativity comes from surrounding fibromyalgia,though 2 weeks ago I went to hospital with severe chest pain and shallow laboured breathing,I have had this for a year of more but this time I couldnt move for 2 days and was in pain I could not get any relief from.
The hosp thought I was having a heart attack and took xrys etc put me on intravenous morphine ...which did give the the relief I felt like I had a large weight on my chest before they sorted me out,
The doctor gave me the good news it wasnt my heart but he also said he knew a lot about fibromyalgia and said although it wasnt my heart he was concerned as he knows the pain will remain and us fibromites have to put up with the distressing heart attack like symptoms that probably wont go away.
The doctor who did the ward rounds the next day also knew fibromyalgia causes varying degrees of disability and distress,Im dumbfounded to why these ilnesses are sooooooo controversial when the professionals know the condition puts limitiaitons on us?????
I personally lucky as I have hydrotherapy and pain clinc appointments...so my doc told me anyway.....I rather think lucky would be not having it in the first place,hope your meds kick in soon xx
Lillly xx
lillly
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services